The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

El Matematico
Which block were you in?

My room in Westwood would get cold, the windows were bad enough that I didnt need to put my milk in the fridge, I just put it on my windowsill (still inside the room).

Having said that, I did really like Westwood and the rooms were pretty good on the whole.

Knightcote :cool:
I think it was less a case of the windows having any kind of quality, and more a case of my radiator counteracting them :p:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
jobo3
lol is there something bad about it then?

Sorry for all the questions :redface:

Hmm just cuz its not on central campus really! Most people I know who lived there liked it though.
happydinosaur
Someone who lived there this year told me that it gets very cold in winter thanks to the rubbish windows and other stuff.
Never had complaints about temperature in Rootes, leave the cold problems till second year!

I lived in Westwood last year. The windows are huge, they're about 3m wide, but single glazed so it gets drafty. The curtains are pretty thick tho, and the heating is great. I found the windowsill would get cold but the rest of the room was toasty!
Reply 23
can anyone help me with what kind of thing we have to write about in the information about you section on the accomodation application? Thanks :smile:
Reply 24
that_girl
can anyone help me with what kind of thing we have to write about in the information about you section on the accomodation application? Thanks :smile:

Ideally, you should aim to write some information about you in the information about you section...

Pedantry aside, you should tell them anything that you think those placing you in halls ought to take into consideration about your character that can't be covered by the yes / no questions, or if there's anything in those closed questions that you really want to emphasise (eg that you really want a mixed-sex hall). Stuff like your usual hours of sleep can be useful, especially if you're determined to be put in a quiet or louder hall. I wouldn't bother with listing your hobbies and activities, they're unlikely to waste their time matching people up by that. Also, don't bother with "I really really want an en-suite", it's very unlikely to work.
that_girl

I told them I liked baking cakes :p:
Reply 26
happydinosaur

Did you then find yourself surrounded by cake-lovers?:biggrin:
Cerulean
Did you then find yourself surrounded by cake-lovers?:biggrin:

Of course everyone loves cakes! I did happen to live with people who did also enjoy kitchen creativity and my post drinking cake icing sessions went down quite well if I remember correctly.:p:
Reply 28
Hey, I have a question not directly related to accommodation itself but rather the application:

How formal do I have to be in the about me section? Who am I talking to? Younger people (in which case I could use a lower register) or older (a higher register would be necessary)?

Thanks in advance
Reply 29
I really wouldn't worry about being formal, you could write it in 2 word bullet point notes if you wanted. As for recipient, I imagine it's a mixture of students working in Accommodation and resident tutors (who are PHD students and the like) so you don't need to really think about talking up / down to anyone - besides, I can't think of anything you can say that would effect register.
happydinosaur

I said I like cooking, the idea being I'd be surrounded by people who would cook for me. Didn't work.

Latest