The Student Room Group

should i withdraw from ucas offers?

hi, yesterday i got an offer from my top university. i'm still waiting for the other 2 offers (i only applied to 3 unis) but not sure if it is worth waiting. i dont particularly want to go to the other two unis and im very sure i'll meet the offer for my first choice. so should i withdraw from the other two?
Reply 1
Original post by Robyn_13
hi, yesterday i got an offer from my top university. i'm still waiting for the other 2 offers (i only applied to 3 unis) but not sure if it is worth waiting. i dont particularly want to go to the other two unis and im very sure i'll meet the offer for my first choice. so should i withdraw from the other two?

If you really wanted to then you could...
It leaves you with no insurance though. You can't predict the future, who knows what would happen?

Have a think about it before you do anything, there's still ages before you need to make a final decision.
(edited 2 months ago)
The general advice is not to.

Offer holder days for any of your choices might change your mind, and the forum is littered with people who were certain and then want to unpick their offer replies.
Reply 3
Original post by mesub
If you really wanted to then you could...
It leaves you with no insurance though. You can't predict the future, who knows what would happen?

Have a think about it before you do anything, there's still ages before you need to make a final decision.

yeah okay I will probably think on it. I have an open day in April so I'll probably make a decision after that. But I'm still kinda worried that my preferred accommodation will get taken up if I don't act quick. I'm not quite sure how it all works 😅
Reply 4
yeah okay I will probably think on it. I have an open day in April so I'll probably make a decision after that. But I'm still kinda worried that my preferred accommodation will get taken up if I don't act quick. I'm not quite sure how it all works 😅

If you are that worried about that, you can go ahead and choose your firm and insurance from the unis you have offers from. This way you have an insurance option, just in case.
That being said (and I can't really speak tbh, since I don't know how your uni proceeds in terms of accommodation) universities in general should not be allocating accommodations at this point. They have until May 16th to make offers and YOU have until June 6th (I think this was the date) to choose your firm and insurance). It is way to early for sorting out accommodation

It’s against ucas rules for universities to incentivise early firms. That includes by preferential accommodation allocation.

If a university runs out of some types of accommodation by April then you can report them to [email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending