The Student Room Group

Tips for GCSE English Resit.

Hello. I got a 3 for the English GCSE June exam and my 6th form requires me to resit it. I have been to every lesson I can go to and I have done some extra work.

But I was wondering if there would be any tips from the community about resitting.

If you could please share some for me, that would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
Hey, If the sixth form is giving you another change it's a pretty good thing. So maybe, you should see where exactly did you not do well in your GCSE exam and attempt to go over it and if possible then go and meet your previous teacher as well, as to where and how can you improve. I feel that you should do as many practice papers and revise as many of the key quotes for literature and try to analyse them!

Good luck!! For your resit :smile: I hope this helps!!
Original post by smh101
Hey, If the sixth form is giving you another change it's a pretty good thing. So maybe, you should see where exactly did you not do well in your GCSE exam and attempt to go over it and if possible then go and meet your previous teacher as well, as to where and how can you improve. I feel that you should do as many practice papers and revise as many of the key quotes for literature and try to analyse them!

Good luck!! For your resit :smile: I hope this helps!!

Thank you. I have a few papers I haven’t completed which I will complete shortly. I’m looking forward to acing the November Resit and get the grade I need for A-Level and beyond that.

Quick Reply

Latest