The Student Room Group

Extinction Rebellion Get Beaten Up on underground

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moonkatt
Having to deal with packed tube trains in rush hour requires a certain level of ruthlessness. They’re lucky they weren’t torn limb from limb.

I would be so livid, saw them prancing around with pink XR flags - Londoners will become vicious creatures under that calm motionless exterior if it means it takes them longer to get somewhere
(edited 4 years ago)
No wonder there were a lot of cops today at my tube station, good thing they did this at 6 where I was asleep as a baby. Not gonna lie, if I was there would probably have pulled my phone out and sent it to my mates on Snapchat or something
What an angry mob! I understand the frustration as a commuter myself, but the violence was awful. Many people kicking and dragging one person on the floor is too far. It was a person standing on a train, not a pedo.
Reply 63
They seem to have gotten off lightly...
Reply 64
Congratulations to every individual who stood up for themselves instead of bowing down to ER and their protest over fears of not being ethical. Now hopefully this will encourage people to just run them over when they stand in the road...
Man got dragged off that train by his leg 😂😂
Original post by The Mogg
Congratulations to every individual who stood up for themselves instead of bowing down to ER and their protest over fears of not being ethical. Now hopefully this will encourage people to just run them over when they stand in the road...

Yes, a group of 50 attacking one man. How terrified they must have been;how brave;how tragically heroic!
Down with car travel... and down with all practical, low CO2 alternatives to it as well!

They're creating a confusing message by blockading tube trains - greenpeace started environmental direct action afaik, they might have been a pain in the backside on occasion but at least they made sure everyone could understand what they were doing.
e.g. when they were protesting the harpooning of whales they blocked ships that were harpooning the whales, not the Mersey ferries.
An acceptable alternative to outlawing their disruptive protests I suppose
I handed myself into the BTP after kicking this guy in the head. Luckily they told me no further action will be taken.

So I've been out today on public transport with a baseball bat to stop these c**nts.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by GodAtum
I handed myself into the BTP after kicking this guy in the head. Luckily they told me no further action will be taken.

So I've been out today on public transport with a baseball bat to stop these c**nts.

I'm assuming that this is a joke and not somebody trying to get themselves locked up....
Bet they won’t be trying Canning Town again. 😂
Original post by Andrew97
Bet they won’t be trying Canning Town again. 😂

Most of XR seems to hail from Bristol/Bath so they can be forgiven for not knowing the city.

They should try West Hampstead or Richmond next time.
I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the news, absolutely crazy! I understand why they're protesting but I wish they were all planting trees or something more positive!
I don't condone violence but the protester is an absolute idiot
Original post by Dunya
Rush hour.

Move london to higher ground and invest in small boat manufacturers as people will need these to commute.
Part of living on the planet is adapting to the planet. Those who can will. Those who cant will lose. Man made or not is irrelevant.
Original post by Welshvisitor
It was coming, wasn’t it ...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending