The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 1 (options A to L) 7042/1C - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

AQA A Level History Paper 1 (options A to L) 7042/1C - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 26th May AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone have other ways to revise that ( that involve active recall) other than flashcards and Exam practice because I’m just getting soo bored revising
MIND MAPS!!!
start with a title in the middle and subtopics around it then just bullet point under the subtopics.
only write key information!
Make an essay plan for every topic in the advance information and try to memorise them. It’s systematic so it helps me to remember it easily.
Reply 4
Any predictions for the essay questions or what the extract will be on?
Original post by Jswinno
Any predictions for the essay questions or what the extract will be on?

I think extracts will be Elizabeth I's foreign policy maybe. Either that or Mid-Tudor socio-economic and religion :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by hamlethoratio
I think extracts will be Elizabeth I's foreign policy maybe. Either that or Mid-Tudor socio-economic and religion :frown:

Elizabeth extract whole reign maybe? Like society
maybe
My teacher thinks the source question is gonna be about the Mid Tudor Crisis
Original post by Jla244
Elizabeth extract whole reign maybe? Like society
maybe

They cut out the later years of society though

'The last years of Elizabeth: the state of England politically, economically, religiously and socially by 1603'

so I don't think they can do society for whole reign but they probably could do it a bit earlier - which is why I think they might do Edward, Mary and start of Elizabeth (up to 1563) society and economy stuff
Reply 9
They cut out the later years of society though

'The last years of Elizabeth: the state of England politically, economically, religiously and socially by 1603'

so I don't think they can do society for whole reign but they probably could do it a bit earlier - which is why I think they might do Edward, Mary and start of Elizabeth (up to 1563) society and economy stuff

Yeah actually it sounds like the interpretations may be mid Tudor which is good because it’s one of the easier bits aha. Maybe Elizabeth foreign policy essay. Henry VIII something that covers his whole reign and Henry VII
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Jla244
Yeah actually it sounds like the interpretations may be mid Tudor which is good because it’s one of the easier bits aha. Maybe Elizabeth foreign policy essay. Henry VIII something that covers his whole reign and Henry VII

Yeah I think they’ll ask about issues of succession/Mary Queen of Scots for an Elizabeth foreign policy essay as they did Spain in 2019!

Yes - maybe Henry VIII government I reckon? And for Henry VII I’m not sure lol - it could be gov but then Henry VIII would probably be something diff.
Yeah I think they’ll ask about issues of succession/Mary Queen of Scots for an Elizabeth foreign policy essay as they did Spain in 2019!

Yes - maybe Henry VIII government I reckon? And for Henry VII I’m not sure lol - it could be gov but then Henry VIII would probably be something diff.

Ohh yeah Mary Queen of Scots being a threat or something would be a really good question. Also don’t know if they’re going to cover all the topics they’ve put in the advanced content because it could be something along the lines of ‘Other then becoming head of the Church Henry achieved little’ because then it would cover all the stuff in the advanced. And Henry VII is generally about being secure and stuff unless they do something like Henry VIII ruined Henry’s legacy up to 1529 but then I don’t know if that covers too many years.
Original post by Jla244
Ohh yeah Mary Queen of Scots being a threat or something would be a really good question. Also don’t know if they’re going to cover all the topics they’ve put in the advanced content because it could be something along the lines of ‘Other then becoming head of the Church Henry achieved little’ because then it would cover all the stuff in the advanced. And Henry VII is generally about being secure and stuff unless they do something like Henry VIII ruined Henry’s legacy up to 1529 but then I don’t know if that covers too many years.

Yeah I think so and I think they could even do ‘Issues of succession were the greatest concern of Elizabeth I’s foreign policy’ as that’s on the spec and would tie in nicely with Mary Queen of Scots!

Ooo yes that would be a good question actually.

I’m thinking they might do a Henry VIII and Henry VII legacy one actually as it is on the spec and they haven’t asked it before!
Yeah I think so and I think they could even do ‘Issues of succession were the greatest concern of Elizabeth I’s foreign policy’ as that’s on the spec and would tie in nicely with Mary Queen of Scots!

Ooo yes that would be a good question actually.

I’m thinking they might do a Henry VIII and Henry VII legacy one actually as it is on the spec and they haven’t asked it before!

How would you answer that question?
Original post by Jswinno
How would you answer that question?

I assume you mean the one on Mary Q of Scots. You would do one para which suggests issues of succession were the greatest concern of foreign policy (talk about Mary Q of Scots as a rival claimant, and marital alliances potentially as it links to producing an heir?), then you could do your 2nd and 3rd para on something else being a greater threat.

You could do Spain just generally, or you could do defence from invasion, and maybe championing Protestantism (e.g. in Netherlands). That is, if you stick to advance info for f.p., as there is ofc more to say there.
So nervous for the Tudor paper I feel like I know the content just that I'll brick it on the day and my essays will be awful
Original post by Fsrkjett
So nervous for the Tudor paper I feel like I know the content just that I'll brick it on the day and my essays will be awful

Same I feel like I know the content as well as I ever can at this point but I’m scared they’ll ask a question which throws me off.

like when they did the ‘Local issues were the most significant reason for rebellion under Henry VII’ I was sat there (I did it as practice) wondering what they were meaning by local issues.
Does anyone know what was on the Tudors AS paper? They’re often similar :smile:
Another essay idea- something like ‘Henry VIII was never in control of England/his ministers ruled on his behalf’
Original post by Jla244
Another essay idea- something like ‘Henry VIII was never in control of England/his ministers ruled on his behalf’

Yes I think it could defo be on ministers

Another potential is ‘to what extent was there a mid Tudor crisis?’ as you could link it to the religious, social and economic bits on the spec :smile: although I do think a q like that would have to focus on a specific like religion as otherwise it invites you too much to discuss political which was taken off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending