The Student Room Group

Missing gcse requirements by one grade

Hi I recently applied to dentistry at Manchester University but realised they increased their GCSE entry requirements to 7 A/A* and I only have 6. I meet all the other requirements. Does this mean an automatic rejection?
The best thing to do would be to contact the university and ask for advice. Usually A Levels are more important than GCSEs, so if your predicted grades and personal statement and good then you’ll probably still be considered. Chances are you’ll have a lower chance of being accepted than somebody who meets the entry requirements, but that doesn’t mean you’ll automatically get rejected. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by RebeccaB_x
The best thing to do would be to contact the university and ask for advice. Usually A Levels are more important than GCSEs, so if your predicted grades and personal statement and good then you’ll probably still be considered. Chances are you’ll have a lower chance of being accepted than somebody who meets the entry requirements, but that doesn’t mean you’ll automatically get rejected. Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks for the reply. I’m just nervous because it’s my first choice.
Reply 3
Try not to be so nervous, sometimes things go for us and sometimes they do not. You will be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest