The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science MCQ coursework assessments

I just got my first mark for my MCQ coursework assessment and I got 7/10 due to stupid mistakes and pressure from the 15 min time limit and I easily could have gotten 100%. For anyone that has done this in their degree, does the score matter or do you just have to pass? Do you think that this will prevent me from achieving a first class degree? Thanks.
Original post by Loreto2018
I just got my first mark for my MCQ coursework assessment and I got 7/10 due to stupid mistakes and pressure from the 15 min time limit and I easily could have gotten 100%. For anyone that has done this in their degree, does the score matter or do you just have to pass? Do you think that this will prevent me from achieving a first class degree? Thanks.

70% is a first anyway, you will be fine! Just focus on the rest of the work. Has your uni told you how important this piece is or is it something small? By the looks of it, it doesn’t seem to matter since it was 15 mins and only out of 10. Don’t worry about it!
Original post by Random_Student
70% is a first anyway, you will be fine! Just focus on the rest of the work. Has your uni told you how important this piece is or is it something small? By the looks of it, it doesn’t seem to matter since it was 15 mins and only out of 10. Don’t worry about it!

Hi, thanks for the reassurance, the unit mark constitutes for 30% of these MCQs so I think they are quite important. However, we haven't really been told if the score matters or not, like im not sure if you just have to pass these or get a good mark in order to progress to 2nd year.
Hi, thanks for the reassurance, the unit mark constitutes for 30% of these MCQs so I think they are quite important. However, we haven't really been told if the score matters or not, like im not sure if you just have to pass these or get a good mark in order to progress to 2nd year.

Well you’ve done well in them regardless. It’s still a first in that 30% if that makes sense. Also in most unis, the first year doesn’t count (although I’m not saying to not try as hard!) :smile:
Well you’ve done well in them regardless. It’s still a first in that 30% if that makes sense. Also in most unis, the first year doesn’t count (although I’m not saying to not try as hard!) :smile:

Thanks, im assuming that you have already completed your degree if so, what have you gone on to do? and do you think career prospects are good with a Biomed degree?
Thanks, im assuming that you have already completed your degree if so, what have you gone on to do? and do you think career prospects are good with a Biomed degree?

Np! I’m actually in my final year of biomed and I’m thinking of doing medicine after or a masters? What do you think you’ll be doing? Tbh quite a few of my classmates have gone on to do placement years this year in industry and hospitals so you could do that to get some experience and then most likely be asked to come back after your studies (I.e. be offered a job) or you can do further studies. Those are the main two routes I’ve heard of but I’m sure you can do lots more if you just research. All the best :smile:
Np! I’m actually in my final year of biomed and I’m thinking of doing medicine after or a masters? What do you think you’ll be doing? Tbh quite a few of my classmates have gone on to do placement years this year in industry and hospitals so you could do that to get some experience and then most likely be asked to come back after your studies (I.e. be offered a job) or you can do further studies. Those are the main two routes I’ve heard of but I’m sure you can do lots more if you just research. All the best :smile:

I see, its quite a broad degree then i guess. Good luck with yours too, ive heard medicine is extremely competitive at Graduate entry level but i'm sure you'll be capable. :smile:
I see, its quite a broad degree then i guess. Good luck with yours too, ive heard medicine is extremely competitive at Graduate entry level but i'm sure you'll be capable. :smile:

Yeaa it is pretty broad which is a good thing tbh. Yeaaa it is! But hopefully it’ll work out for the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending