The Student Room Group

Help-- how do i make notes

so i look through lecture slides and make notes before my lectures, then I do the guided additional reading after and take notes (on my laptop)

I've started to handwrite them for memory or something but am I just wasting my time by handwriting them???

also what else am I supposed to do? flashcards?? where do I find practice papers??? I'm so confused

the tests are mcq but how do you know what content you need ??? eg. they give us a lot of articles to read, do I need to know all the examples

I study biomedical science btw
Original post by t0es
so i look through lecture slides and make notes before my lectures, then I do the guided additional reading after and take notes (on my laptop)

I've started to handwrite them for memory or something but am I just wasting my time by handwriting them???

also what else am I supposed to do? flashcards?? where do I find practice papers??? I'm so confused

the tests are mcq but how do you know what content you need ??? eg. they give us a lot of articles to read, do I need to know all the examples

I study biomedical science btw

Hi @t0es,

Personally, I don't think there is any correct way to take notes. Depending on the course, the content, the lecture style, and personal preference, you may find it easier to handwrite them or to type them up. If handwriting them works for you, it won't be a waste of time. Finding your flow with this can be overwhelming at first, but it does get easier!

It sounds like you might benefit from talking to your module leader, head of subject, PAT (personal academic tutor), or any other staff member in your department. They would be able to give their advice on the best way to take notes from their experience, and they would also be able to point you in the right direction in terms of studying and finding practice papers.

I hope this helps,
Isabella

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending