The Student Room Group

revision timetable

hey can someone make me a revision timetable please cos Ive got mocks coming up soon :frown:
I do geo, german, french, triple science
Original post by yoursunshinexx
hey can someone make me a revision timetable please cos Ive got mocks coming up soon :frown:

This is something you have to do yourself. We don't know your schedule, preferred timings/revision methods etc. Look up a timetable template on Google and add in the revision activities as and when you want to do them.

So i never had an intense revision structure but I just kept a mental checklist of what I wanted to revise.

I liked to work in 2hr periods for revision, I found any more than this I tend to mentally drift (I also take 5 minute break every hour) so in revision a typical day would be:
9-11
11:30-1:30
2-4
4:30-6:30
done
So essentially 4 blocks for revision per day. I liked to take evenings off, I always need personal time for Netflix/beer etc just so I dont die of bordom in the revision marathon. (obviously day before exams i keep going)

I mentally broke down a loose schedule to keep around exams, so if i have an exam a lot earlier then other exams I would do more sessions for that at the start of the revision period... I think a plan like this is a good balance to ensure hours v still having a life.
Original post by mnot
So i never had an intense revision structure but I just kept a mental checklist of what I wanted to revise.

I liked to work in 2hr periods for revision, I found any more than this I tend to mentally drift (I also take 5 minute break every hour) so in revision a typical day would be:
9-11
11:30-1:30
2-4
4:30-6:30
done
So essentially 4 blocks for revision per day. I liked to take evenings off, I always need personal time for Netflix/beer etc just so I dont die of bordom in the revision marathon. (obviously day before exams i keep going)

I mentally broke down a loose schedule to keep around exams, so if i have an exam a lot earlier then other exams I would do more sessions for that at the start of the revision period... I think a plan like this is a good balance to ensure hours v still having a life.

thank you so much :smile:
do you have any tips for GCSEs in general ?
thank you so much :smile:
do you have any tips for GCSEs in general ?

GCSEs arent difficult, if you just focus on taking in the key points the exam boards outline in the spec you will be fine.

I was super lazy when i did my GCSEs and did almost no revision at the time, if your coming on here looking for guidance on a mock exam schedule you clearly are motivated enough to do well, now use that motivation.

For essay subjects have a clear strategy for how you tackle the questions and present an argument (a good plan for essays is probably more useful then facts at GCSE level).

For maths & science, focus on the principles: Dont learn how to 'plug numbers in' try to understand why you are implementing certain formulas. I think this helps you learn it permanently (rather than just the week you study it...)

Quick Reply

Latest