The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Official University of Hertfordshire Applicants 2020/21 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KatelynW-S7856
-Where are you from?: Stafford (Staffordshire)
-What’s your is the subject area of interest?: 2D Animation
-A-Levels/BTECs: Currently taking A Level English Literature, A Level Media Studies and A Level Art and Design (Predicted grades ABB)
-What’s your current application status: My Application was received and I have been invited to an interview on the 31st January!

Looking forward to the interview but I cant help feeling just a little scared XD.

Hi @KatelynW-S7856
Good luck with your interview! Very normal to be a bit nervous but you'll be well looked after, wherever you're applying to.
Best wishes, ^SK
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hello!
Welcome to the University of Hertfordshire forum!:blow::bumps:
This thread is for all of you applying to join Herts in 2020. Be sure to let us know what course you’re applying for! If you have any questions or would just like to just chat with other applicants, please post below.

Feel free to ask about anything- be it the University, Student Finance, Uni Life, Courses or Student Support. If it’s urgent, be sure to tag me or @Herts UG Student Rep Tom or @Herts PG Student Rep Theo!:listen:

Let’s start by answering the following to introduce ourselves :question::clap2:

-Where are you from?
-What’s your is the subject area of interest?
-A-Levels/BTECs:
-What’s your current application status:

Also, don’t forget to take a look at our -

>> Open Days

>> Accommodation

>> Student life

>> Unibuddy chat

Good luck! :banana::goodluck:

-Where are you from? London, UK
-What’s your is the subject area of interest? Graphic Design and Illustration
-A-Levels/BTECs: Media Studies, English Language, Level 3/4 Foundation Dipolma Art & Design - Predicted Grades A,B,Pass
-What’s your current application status: Currently applied, Interview 1st February.
Reply 22
Hey!

i) Where are you from? Gibraltar (probs dont know about it) Its to the south of Spain but British Overseas Territory.
ii) What’s your subject area of interest? Sports & Exercise Science.
iii) A-levels? Physical Education, Psychology & English Literature - Predicted Grades ABB
iiii) What’s your current application status: Just placed University of Hertfordshire as my insurance option with an unconditional offer!

Only questions would be is there only one set of rooms/layout of rooms at De Havilland campus, do first year students often live in private accommodation near campus and how long is the walk from De Havilland to College Lane?
Where are you from?
Hertfordshire!!

What’s your subjects of interest?
Early childhood education

Alevels-
Psychology, Sociology, photography and EPQ

what’s your current application?
Unconditional and I have accepted Hertfordshire!!
Where are you from? London
What’s your subject area of interest? BA Photography
A-Levels/BRECs: Access to HE in Art and Design
What’s your current application status: unconditional offer
Where are you from? London!
What’s your area of interest? 2D Animation & Character for Digital Media
A-Levels/BTECs: Extended Diploma in Animation & Games Design
What’s your current application status: accepted! (Conditional offer)
Reply 26
-Where are you from? Bedford but I live near Rushden in Northamptonshire
-What’s your is the subject area of interest? Diagnostic radiography and imaging
-A-Levels/BTECs: Nope none of these - Access to HE: Science pathway, BSc Education Studies
-What’s your current application status: Conditional offer - firmly accepted. My conditions were sending proof of my qualifications which I have now done.

I’m a mature student with children
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 27
Where i am from: Chichester areaInterested subject: Psychology Predicted Grades: AABOffer status: Unconditinal ans accepted as first choice.I have a question about accommodation. I have already submitted my choices but with everything going on with coronavirus will that affect when they get back to me with an offer? And how long do they usually take to give an offer?
Original post by Bethbbb
Where i am from: Chichester areaInterested subject: Psychology Predicted Grades: AABOffer status: Unconditinal ans accepted as first choice.I have a question about accommodation. I have already submitted my choices but with everything going on with coronavirus will that affect when they get back to me with an offer? And how long do they usually take to give an offer?

I’m waiting for accommodation too for herts and I submitted at the end of January and they still haven’t got back to me. I emailed them at the weekend and they said as they are working from home as their offices are closed so it could take anywhere between a few weeks or up until August to get anything
Hi :smile:

Where are you from? Essex
What’s your subject of interest? BEd Primary Education With QTS
A-Levels/BTECs: Psychology, English Language A Levels and Health and Social Care BTEC
What’s your current application status: Just applied for accomodation :smile:
-Where are you from? London, UK
-What’s your is the subject area of interest? HR Management
-A-Levels/BTECs: Media Studies, Psychology,
-What’s your current application status: Looking to accept a conditional offer
Reply 31
Original post by meganrmatthews19
I’m waiting for accommodation too for herts and I submitted at the end of January and they still haven’t got back to me. I emailed them at the weekend and they said as they are working from home as their offices are closed so it could take anywhere between a few weeks or up until August to get anything

I applied mid March and was told the same. I assume they’re done in order that they are received so yours will be done before mine. I wonder if they wait and see what happens with the closures before they tel us anything.

How come you were able to apply for accommodation so early? I was told that I could apply mid March
Reply 33
Original post by Nmcordero
How come you were able to apply for accommodation so early? I was told that I could apply mid March

No accomodation opened january. once u have put it at your choice then u can apply. they will send u a username.
How come you were able to apply for accommodation so early? I was told that I could apply mid March*
Original post by Bethbbb
No accomodation opened january. once u have put it at your choice then u can apply. they will send u a username.

Ah damn that's annoying... I must've applied late. I hope I get a decent room 😂
Original post by Nmcordero
How come you were able to apply for accommodation so early? I was told that I could apply mid March*

It opened mid-January I believe, maybe you didn’t accept it earlier on so submitted later
Original post by hcall80
I applied mid March and was told the same. I assume they’re done in order that they are received so yours will be done before mine. I wonder if they wait and see what happens with the closures before they tel us anything.

I hope and think they will still be offering rooms as the school year is supposedly going ahead as normal for us, I think they will let us know as soon as our room is given to us for when we can move in and stuff and then how we might be affected because of closure
Reply 38
Original post by Abby-Rose
Hi :smile:

Where are you from? Essex
What’s your subject of interest? BEd Primary Education With QTS
A-Levels/BTECs: Psychology, English Language A Levels and Health and Social Care BTEC
What’s your current application status: Just applied for accomodation :smile:

Hey! I've applied and accepted my place for the same course as you :smile:
Original post by ulyaj1
Hey! I've applied and accepted my place for the same course as you :smile:

I sent you a private message x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending