The Student Room Group

Is it possible to disable an account?

Title, pretty much.

I procrastinate on here way too much, and I need a way to disable it so I won't be tempted to come back. :colondollar:
Original post by MidgetFever
Title, pretty much.

I procrastinate on here way too much, and I need a way to disable it so I won't be tempted to come back. :colondollar:

Original post by SlightlySummer
I tried deleting my account but I'm actually clueless as well :lol:

You can deactivate your account yep, it's somewhere it settings I think! It would be sad to see you go though :frown:
Original post by SlightlySummer
I tried deleting my account but I'm actually clueless as well :lol:

I did think it was possible at one point but I literally couldn't find it anywhere, thought I was going crazy. Makes sense now.

I'll no doubt be back at some point, I've just noticed I'm slightly too addicted and it's taken its toll on my academics. So it's probably best to take a break. :lol:
I didn't know they'd got rid of temporary requested suspensions. I might have to lobby to get those back!
Just so long as it doesn't end up as 48–52
I totally understand where you are coming from. I recommend resetting the password to something very long and random. Have it in written form (make it something unmemorable) and then hide it/ask someone to keep it for you for some time. Then come back when you have more time and can relax whilst using the site without feeling guilty because you are 'wasting' time.

Or use website-blockers. There are some really good ones, let me know if you want suggestions.

Please don't delete the account because you would be dearly missed. x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending