The Student Room Group

Applying for Classics this year

Hey,

I'm sure lots of people have come on and said similiar things but I cant really find what I'm looking for.
I am applying for IA this year, so interviews in december, and I have trinity in mind for a college- basically because of its atmosphere, size, food etc. I decided no to queen's and magdalen with these factors in mind as well.

Could anyone tell me what its average applications/place numbers for classics are (roughly)? either from personal experience at past interviews or if you do classics at trinity at the moment. I have found on TSR some numbers for other colleges, and by myself the numbers for corpus and magdalen, but not trinity, so I would really like to know a rough figure for trinity.

I was advised by a teacher that trinity is "easier" than some (i know that statement may annoy some people), but from what I have heard recently it seems very popular for classics. I dont think it will put me off, i would just rather be informed.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Their website says they offer 6-8 places per year for Classics. Can't help with anything else, though, but reallocation means that their application/place figures won't be wildly different from the University average.
kirkh1
Could anyone tell me what its average applications/place numbers for classics are (roughly)? either from personal experience at past interviews or if you do classics at trinity at the moment. I have found on TSR some numbers for other colleges, and by myself the numbers for corpus and magdalen, but not trinity, so I would really like to know a rough figure for trinity.

Don't waste your time with this "odds at each college" nonsense. Just apply where you want to go.

kirkh1

I was advised by a teacher that trinity is "easier" than some

Which just goes to show that even teachers are not exempt from talking *******s sometimes.

DtS
Reply 3
If you do well enough in your language tests, then you'll almost certainly get an interview at another college, even if your first choice college doesn't want you.
Reply 4
Thanks byrhtwold. No I disagree with the whole idea of choosing a college based on past numbers and as I said, I would not change from trinity in any case. I just like to be informed and know what I am facing.
I just would like to know, if anyone is on here who had an interview there or is doing classics there at the moment, how many applicants there were or usually are.

Latest

Trending

Trending