The Student Room Group

UKCAT - Practice Questions and Useful Resources

Scroll to see replies

bigerler91
Right so yeah, this is all really great but anyone got any tips for verbal reasoning coz its alot to read in 22 minutes!!! especially if ur quite a slow reader.... OMG just 1 month! until career making or breaking exams.

Your A Levels are far more career making. Don't forget that.
omg just did 10 practise UKcat questions they are ridiculous!!! got 2 out of 10!
Reply 142
for this one I chose A but the answer is B. Why? isn't 65%/13/20 the answer?
5)

Of the teams competing in the world archery championships, twenty percent are from Europe. Half as many are from the United States and one twentieth are from Africa. What fraction of teams are from neither Europe, the US or Africa.

A

13/20

B

15/20

C

13/15

D

17/20

E

13/17
Reply 143
MGIL
for this one I chose A but the answer is B. Why? isn't 65%/13/20 the answer?

I agree that the answer is A. Was this taken from a book? Sometimes you do find incorrect answers is the practice books.
A!

Unless you missed something in the question
does anyone know from experience which unis do require the UKCAT but put a small-ish emphasis on it?
Reply 146
swanseagal
does anyone know from experience which unis do require the UKCAT but put a small-ish emphasis on it?

have a look at the table here which summarises how each medical school says they use the UKCAT.
Hygeia
have a look at the table here which summarises how each medical school says they use the UKCAT.

Ahh, but what they SAY and what ACTUALLY occurs is a MASSIVE DIFFERNCE!

They all say Apart from a few, that they "ONLY USE IT AS A SMALL PART OF THE PROCESS", when we all know that it is one of their main ways of narrowing down applicants.
swanseagal

Honestly None, but at Least with Leicester, Sheffield and Barts you know where you stand.

(I Think Edinburgh and a few other too)
Reply 149
vas876
Ahh, but what they SAY and what ACTUALLY occurs is a MASSIVE DIFFERNCE!

They all say Apart from a few, that they "ONLY USE IT AS A SMALL PART OF THE PROCESS", when we all know that it is one of their main ways of narrowing down applicants.

There are things added there from people's experiences last year as well so it isn't all just what they've said. I'm planning on sending a mass e-mail at some point to see if what they say in that is any different to what I've found on their websites as well. (will include questions like: is there a cut off score etc). And of course, anyone who knows more about a particular place's policy (either through their own experience or from open days) is welcome to add to the page :smile:

Some of them are definitely more transparent in their policies than others though.
Hygeia
There are things added there from people's experiences last year as well so it isn't all just what they've said. I'm planning on sending a mass e-mail at some point to see if what they say in that is any different to what I've found on their websites as well. (will include questions like: is there a cut off score etc). And of course, anyone who knows more about a particular place's policy (either through their own experience or from open days) is welcome to add to the page :smile:

Some of them are definitely more transparent in their policies than others though.

If you fancy a hand with Mass emailing ill be happy to help!

If you want you can draft the email and send it to half the medical schools and i can send the same one to the rest of them?
Reply 151
vas876
If you fancy a hand with Mass emailing ill be happy to help!

If you want you can draft the email and send it to half the medical schools and i can send the same one to the rest of them?

Won't be doing it til after my exams are over (so a few weeks now) but would be glad of the help when I do. I have a list of questions I plan to ask from the guise of a medical applicant which will hopefully help future applicants.
Reply 152
thanks ~~
Reply 154

Thank you :biggrin: I have updated the list
Lu-x
Thank you :biggrin: I have updated the list

You're welcome! This is good for QR too: http://students.efinancialcareers.co.uk/numerical_test.htm
http://www.kent.police.uk/Work%20for%20the%20Police/Join%20the%20Specials/documents/VLR.pdf

This is a bit basic, but can still count as practice for VR and QR.
Reply 159
I just completed the ukcat practice test but after i finshed the application just closed without giving me a score? :s-smilie: help?

oh found the pdf files on the website! damn I've got to do it again now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending