The Student Room Group

AQA English literature paper 2, An Inspector Calls

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows what the An Inspector Calls question is for the aqa English lit paper 2 from 2019 is, it would really help :smile:
Reply 1
1.How does Priestley present selfishness in the play?
-talk about selfish behaviour in the play

-talk about selfishness and its effect on the characters

2. How does Priestley present Shelia in the play?
can someone help me answer this question to get full grades asap, please
Hi! I did my GCSE AQA English Literature this year so I hope I can help a little. I don't have any answers written, but I do have some tips on how to improve in your answers:
I would recommend getting your own copy of the book if you haven't already and highlight key quotes, either by theme or by character, whichever you prefer. Also make notes in the book linking to the themes in the book.
For example answers, try and have a look on the AQA website as I know I have seen some there before, perhaps look for the examiners report or example answers as well as mark schemes which are definitely a good place to start if you don't know how to approach a question.
Dive deep into the context of the play - every quote you discuss, link it to the context. There is so much to talk about the context with this play, so make sure you do!
One thing that I was told you MUST do is use multiple connotations if you want to get above a Grade 5. For example, if you are analysing the stage direction: 'massively taking charge', and zoom in on the word 'massively' you need to be able to talk about 2 or 3 separate connotations of that word. For example, 1) 'massively' is repeated throughout the play, perhaps shows his presence fills the room, he is an imposing character, his views are large and important, and 2) 'massively' links to interrogation, he is getting the information out of them and the fact that he is the driving force of the play. ((This is just an example, there are many other and probably better connotations that you could have instead - the point is to show that you need to be able to discuss alternative connotations for a specific word throughout your answer))
I hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest