The Student Room Group

Physics GCSEs

Hi, I'm planning to give three exams physics,maths and chemistry this summer. How can I get an A* in Physics and make myself stronger in it from today so that when I reach A levels I can find it not that difficult. I hope someone's help will means a lot. Thank you :smile:
1) online resources!! youtube channels like freesciencelessons make really concise yet effective videos. GCSEpod is brilliant app which makes bite sized videos with clear visuals (it has most other subjects as well!). tinycards is a fantastic online flashcard app; it quizzes you on them and you can either make your own or use others that people have uploaded. it helped me get my first 100% on a physics test and i’ve put all my friends on too. if your case is that you had a dodgy teacher and you don’t know the content seneca learning is good for going over everything as a whole

2) exam questions are a must. they are a limited resource so i wouldn’t use them all up yet! exam boards aren’t that creative and it’s pretty common for them to reuse questions or make them similar to past ones. exam boards will want you to use specific wording and the idea is to be able to predict what the mark scheme will want from you

3) don’t be afraid to ask your teachers for help. that’s what they’re paid for, and having to revise things you don’t understand is extremely annoying. if your school runs intervention sessions go.

4) make sure your revision is effective. you could spend 4 hours making mindmaps on energy and yet it wouldn’t mean a thing if mindmaps don’t work for you. i made a song with all the the equations to memorise them for example! focus on the things you’re most unsure of before recapping the things you know.

i’m in the same boat so good luck 🤧 just know that all a-levels are difficult and what will make it easier is if you genuinely enjoy it

Quick Reply

Latest