The Student Room Group

aqa and edexcel or cgp books

which would you say are most helpful - the exam board revision and exam books or the books from cgp?

I need the very best and want to invest wisely and go through them.
A Level or GCSE?

GCSE, I would say cgp. Simplifies, learn from the book, everythign you need to know

A Level, I would say the exam board textbook. Has all of the content and with examples that are often used in exams. The questions are specific and there lots of stretch and challenge work and it gives reference to wider reading (which you should absolutely do, as i comes up in exams). CGP is a bit basic for A Level, as the exams arent about learning and repeating, its about a deeper understanding and being able to apply your knowledge.
Reply 2
Original post by rachel_jayne_x
A Level or GCSE?

GCSE, I would say cgp. Simplifies, learn from the book, everythign you need to know

A Level, I would say the exam board textbook. Has all of the content and with examples that are often used in exams. The questions are specific and there lots of stretch and challenge work and it gives reference to wider reading (which you should absolutely do, as i comes up in exams). CGP is a bit basic for A Level, as the exams arent about learning and repeating, its about a deeper understanding and being able to apply your knowledge.

Thanks so much, it's GCSE

The AQA science books just had lots of spaces for me to fill in on things I am just trying to learn so not very helpful, unless I'm doing it wrong.
Original post by lost.soul
Thanks so much, it's GCSE

The AQA science books just had lots of spaces for me to fill in on things I am just trying to learn so not very helpful, unless I'm doing it wrong.

For gcse I’d definitely say CPG, they give the facts that you need to learn and that’s all you need

Also my biggest tip if you’re doing triple (separate) science is watch sciencewithhazel on YouTube, she does “all of AQA chem in an hour” (and for phys and bio) and they are perfect because she summarises everytthing, best to watch in the weeks leading up to the exam, and I used them as a basis for my revision notes
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by rachel_jayne_x
For gcse I’d definitely say CPG, they give the facts that you need to learn and that’s all you need

Also my biggest tip if you’re doing triple (separate) science is watch sciencewithhazel on YouTube, she does “all of AQA chem in an hour” (and for phys and bio) and they are perfect because she summarises everytthing, best to watch in the weeks leading up to the exam, and I used them as a basis for my revision notes

Thank you so much, i am doing combined science so would you still recommend her videos or anything alternative?

Thank you!
Original post by lost.soul
Thank you so much, i am doing combined science so would you still recommend her videos or anything alternative?

Thank you!

“Science and maths by primrose kitten” does similar 1 hour videos for combined. Just YouTube search “primrose kitten combined” and you’ll find them.

Freesciencelessons were best for practicals revision (100% learn your practicals! There usually 1 or 2 on each paper and they’re worth 6 marks each)

You’re welcome and best of luck! X

Quick Reply

Latest