The Student Room Group

Anxiety and failing

In college our teachers keep going on about how we only have 20 school weeks till our a-level exams and it's making me stress so much. My current grades are CCE and I really want BBB at least however they keep hitting us with mocks and stressing us out and I don't know what to do. Feel like dropping out
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
CCE is really not a long way off BBB, you can definitely do it! (And certainly get better if you put the work in)

Make the best out of the mocks to know which topics you struggle in and which ones you are good at. Know that you can get some worthwhile information out of them on your ability on the topics

Frequently give yourself time to relax in order to de-stress, and remember people want you to do well (rather than be too stressed out and burnt out). If you really feel bad at sometimes just leave what you are doing at that moment and doing something completely different to help you feel in a better state IE go out to somewhere you like, do something creative, have your favourite meal. It does help

Also, getting small sections of work done frequently and attentively really, really goes a long way, I promise. As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day - the same goes for education

Onwards and upwards, take care
Reply 3
Original post by Ben878
CCE is really not a long way off BBB, you can definitely do it! (And certainly get better if you put the work in)

Make the best out of the mocks to know which topics you struggle in and which ones you are good at. Know that you can get some worthwhile information out of them on your ability on the topics

Frequently give yourself time to relax in order to de-stress, and remember people want you to do well (rather than be too stressed out and burnt out). If you really feel bad at sometimes just leave what you are doing at that moment and doing something completely different to help you feel in a better state IE go out to somewhere you like, do something creative, have your favourite meal. It does help

Also, getting small sections of work done frequently and attentively really, really goes a long way, I promise. As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day - the same goes for education

Onwards and upwards, take care

Thankyou for the advice. & my problem is I give myself too much breaks my bed and desk are in the same room and although I do eat vitamin D tablets I'm always tired and just lounge in bed a lot. I used to get out and go library but my closest one is an hour away and it gets dark early now so I can't go anymore
Reply 4
Do you have any friends you can go along and study with at an agreed time? (provided they don't become a bigger distraction). Since that's one way to get yourself up and out to go study. Any cafe's or coffee shops nearby as a replacement for the library since it's far away? You could buy a drink and do your studying there

If your bedroom is a bad place, you could ask for your parents to keep hold of mobiles, laptops and other distractions while you are studying there.

If motivation is not so good at home, make the work in a way you can to ease into since starting is always hardest. Even if you say you're only going to do 5 minutes, you'd approach it very confidently because 5 mins is not very offputting. After doing 5 mins you may be able to develop it further after realising it's not so bad. Make it fun as well - add lots of colours if you like to

If your sleep routine is a bit...not a routine then it will make you tired, and make your stress/anxiety worse
what subjects are you taking
im also a year 13 student
maybe i can help
Reply 6
Original post by janelle42
what subjects are you taking
im also a year 13 student
maybe i can help

A level bio chem and psychology
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
In college our teachers keep going on about how we only have 20 school weeks till our a-level exams and it's making me stress so much. My current grades are CCE and I really want BBB at least however they keep hitting us with mocks and stressing us out and I don't know what to do. Feel like dropping out

Unfortunately some teachers do this for some reason[yet to meet any pupil who say it has helped them.]Ignore them and work on yourself.Could you work downstairs instead as your bedroom is not working for you.I agree get your parents to take your phone while you are working because it is far too easy to get distracted.
Reply 8
Original post by Ben878
Do you have any friends you can go along and study with at an agreed time? (provided they don't become a bigger distraction). Since that's one way to get yourself up and out to go study. Any cafe's or coffee shops nearby as a replacement for the library since it's far away? You could buy a drink and do your studying there

If your bedroom is a bad place, you could ask for your parents to keep hold of mobiles, laptops and other distractions while you are studying there.

If motivation is not so good at home, make the work in a way you can to ease into since starting is always hardest. Even if you say you're only going to do 5 minutes, you'd approach it very confidently because 5 mins is not very offputting. After doing 5 mins you may be able to develop it further after realising it's not so bad. Make it fun as well - add lots of colours if you like to

If your sleep routine is a bit...not a routine then it will make you tired, and make your stress/anxiety worse

Thankyou I will try and impliment it ❤️
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Thankyou I will try and impliment it ❤️

That’s ok, I hope my suggestions were helpful. But, know that you aren’t gonna fail and don’t take the teachers words/attitudes too heavily (they just want their students to do well). Be strong, okay, - that is #1 order for you, lol
Original post by Ben878
That’s ok, I hope my suggestions were helpful. But, know that you aren’t gonna fail and don’t take the teachers words/attitudes too heavily (they just want their students to do well). Be strong, okay, - that is #1 order for you, lol

They were very helpful. Thankyou so much and yeah I know they try their best but sometimes they just add extra stress

Quick Reply

Latest