The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

computer science at keele

is there anyone who has studied or is studying currently at keele university? i would like to know how the course is like overall and are you satisfied how things have been going. also is there support from teachers for things you may not understand or know. i live local to MMU but i have friends who study there and they said themselves that theres not much support and one of my friends who studied at bolton then went MMU said bolton was a lot better in terms of teaching and support. just wanted to know if its worth me moving to keele to get a better quality of education or just go MMU.
Reply 1
and i dont think im getting into uom so thats not an option
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by hrdgrdgr
is there anyone who has studied or is studying currently at keele university? i would like to know how the course is like overall and are you satisfied how things have been going. also is there support from teachers for things you may not understand or know. i live local to MMU but i have friends who study there and they said themselves that theres not much support and one of my friends who studied at bolton then went MMU said bolton was a lot better in terms of teaching and support. just wanted to know if its worth me moving to keele to get a better quality of education or just go MMU.

Hi there!

I don’t study computer science, however, I do study at Keele. I study Adult Nursing myself and personally, I have found that there has been lots of support available! I have been able to email and go to lecturers when I don’t understand something and they’re always quick to respond and happy to help! I imagine this would be the same across the university as a whole? If you have any other questions then don’t hesistate to ask. I could also contact the Computer Science team to ask what support they offer specifically if you like?
Reply 3
thanks for the reply but i was hoping for someone who already studies the course cos i feel like the comp science team will obviously say good stuff about themselves but any uni would say do the same. i wanted to know from a current students perspective.

You should try for university of manchester foundation year if your results weren't that good
Reply 5
Original post by kanako231
You should try for university of manchester foundation year if your results weren't that good

i dont meet there gcse requirementrs and ive emailed them and they basically said they wouldnt even consider it if i had applied cos of the gcses. otherwise my a levels are pretty decent im predicted AAB.
(edited 4 years ago)
i dont meet there gcse requirementrs and ive emailed them and they basically said they wouldnt even consider it if i had applied cos of the gcses. otherwise my a levels are pretty decent im predicted AAB.

If you are really unsure about going keele, you should working your hardest this year and get like 3 a* probably get there through adjustment. They should let you in regardless of gcse's
Reply 7
If you are really unsure about going keele, you should working your hardest this year and get like 3 a* probably get there through adjustment. They should let you in regardless of gcse's

just wanted to know the experience of past students who are doing the course at keele and uom do care about gcses a lot. one of my friends who applied for biomed and was predicted A*AA did not get an offer last year because the gcses were not that good.
just wanted to know the experience of past students who are doing the course at keele and uom do care about gcses a lot. one of my friends who applied for biomed and was predicted A*AA did not get an offer last year because the gcses were not that good.

That's because of your offer not your actual results, they use your offer and gcse results before offering a place. I think you should be able to use adjustment (which is like clearing) to get the place at uom when you get actual results.
Reply 9
That's because of your offer not your actual results, they use your offer and gcse results before offering a place. I think you should be able to use adjustment (which is like clearing) to get the place at uom when you get actual results.

i dont want to bet everything on going to uom thats why im asking around for other unis as well. yes if i get the grades ill go uom but if i dont then i want to see how the other unis are and not just go to some random one that i dont know about cos i thought i would go to a specific uni then find out on results day i havent got the grades. i know about all the other unis ive applied for just keele is remaining.
thanks for the reply but i was hoping for someone who already studies the course cos i feel like the comp science team will obviously say good stuff about themselves but any uni would say do the same. i wanted to know from a current students perspective.

That’s completely understandable! You know where I am if you have any questions regarding the university ect! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest