The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes. He should have got the place.
Reply 2
I agree with the above.
Reply 3
I think he should have been given the place, because I don't see what it changes.

He said: "I can show my calibre and not the criminal I'm being made out to be."

Being found guilty of a crime pretty much makes you a criminal....
Reply 4
No i would not.
Reply 5
Things is can he be trusted with vunerable people. Personally i would have gave him the place as well
Reply 6
atleast it wasnt muder or assault... i think i could trust him...and he should have been given the place...
What's he going to do? Steal your intestines?

I would trust him.
Reply 8
This was in the papers a couple of weeks ago, Don't see why he was refused the place tbh.
They didn't use a very innocent-looking picture did they? Anyway yeah I think he should've got the place.
I would trust him. Just because someone has burgled in the past doesnt mean they should be feared for the rest of their life.
People change!
Did he disclose it on the medical form? I think it's saying he didn't, which is why the CR background check picked it up, so he basically lied on the application, which is far more serious than a spent conviction. What an idiot.

If he is just a burglar though, I think it's fine.
Reply 12
I think he should of got the place, its fine
first time in my life seen a burglar get 4 a's at A level.
Reply 14
Firstly I would not know if he was a criminal when he is my doctor, any more than I know my current doctor's criminal record.

I would not expect a doctor to have a criminal record but at the same time, I dont think it should bar him from practising if he is good at the job/smart, and if he has a good job he will not need to steal again. And if he does he now has more to lose.
We are discussing this in the medicine forum as well.

The general consensus is that he shouldn't get a place.
sorry, but I'm gonna go against the crowd and say no...

He'd be in my class! Don't want to be worrying about my pen going missing now do I?

;P

In all seriousness though, If he doesn't have enough moral backbone to not commit a crime under peer pressure, which side of the law is he going to fall when faced with a real legal dilemma in medicine?
He deserves another chance.
fisherman
Did he disclose it on the medical form? I think it's saying he didn't, which is why the CR background check picked it up, so he basically lied on the application, which is far more serious than a spent conviction. What an idiot.

If he is just a burglar though, I think it's fine.

If he's the bloke I'm thinking of who was on GMTV the other day, I think UCAS actually told him not to put it on there.

But yeah I'd rather my gp was a burglar than a murderer!
People change and can learn from their mistakes: he got four A grades at A level so he is obviously taking this seriously.

Latest

Trending

Trending