Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7507294.stm

what do people think and would you trust him as your doctor?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. He should have got the place.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above.

ReputationRep:
    I think he should have been given the place, because I don't see what it changes.

He said: "I can show my calibre and not the criminal I'm being made out to be."
    Being found guilty of a crime pretty much makes you a criminal....

ReputationRep:
    No i would not.

ReputationRep:
    Things is can he be trusted with vunerable people. Personally i would have gave him the place as well

ReputationRep:
    atleast it wasnt muder or assault... i think i could trust him...and he should have been given the place...

What's he going to do? Steal your intestines?

I would trust him.

ReputationRep:
    This was in the papers a couple of weeks ago, Don't see why he was refused the place tbh.

ReputationRep:
    They didn't use a very innocent-looking picture did they? Anyway yeah I think he should've got the place.

ReputationRep:
    I would trust him. Just because someone has burgled in the past doesnt mean they should be feared for the rest of their life.
    People change!

ReputationRep:
    Did he disclose it on the medical form? I think it's saying he didn't, which is why the CR background check picked it up, so he basically lied on the application, which is far more serious than a spent conviction. What an idiot.

If he is just a burglar though, I think it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    I think he should of got the place, its fine

ReputationRep:
    first time in my life seen a burglar get 4 a's at A level.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly I would not know if he was a criminal when he is my doctor, any more than I know my current doctor's criminal record.

I would not expect a doctor to have a criminal record but at the same time, I dont think it should bar him from practising if he is good at the job/smart, and if he has a good job he will not need to steal again. And if he does he now has more to lose.

ReputationRep:
    We are discussing this in the medicine forum as well.

The general consensus is that he shouldn't get a place.

ReputationRep:
    sorry, but I'm gonna go against the crowd and say no...

He'd be in my class! Don't want to be worrying about my pen going missing now do I?

;P

In all seriousness though, If he doesn't have enough moral backbone to not commit a crime under peer pressure, which side of the law is he going to fall when faced with a real legal dilemma in medicine?

ReputationRep:
    He deserves another chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    Did he disclose it on the medical form? I think it's saying he didn't, which is why the CR background check picked it up, so he basically lied on the application, which is far more serious than a spent conviction. What an idiot.

If he is just a burglar though, I think it's fine.

If he's the bloke I'm thinking of who was on GMTV the other day, I think UCAS actually told him not to put it on there.

But yeah I'd rather my gp was a burglar than a murderer!

ReputationRep:
    People change and can learn from their mistakes: he got four A grades at A level so he is obviously taking this seriously.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.