The Student Room Group

Dbs enhanced check

Hi guys,
I have the opportunity to apply for a job role in my child’s school as admin which will require an enhanced dbs and barring check.
I am worried as to what will come up on my dbs check.
When I was 16 (now 34) my child was removed from my care due to unexplained bruising. I was very young and in an abusive relationship. I have gone on to have 3 children, with not one single concern in regards to any of them and have worked hard in support work, and been ok with the basic dbs check.
I was interviewed by the police on a voluntary basis and no further action was taken, nothing criminal came of it.
I’m assuming working in a school would mean that this said interview would be disclosed on an enhanced dbs. What do you think the chances are if my actually being able to get the job? Would anything in regards to the family court proceedings appear on the check? Or would it be criminal/ police information.
I do not have any other cautions, convictions, fines or anything.
Any help or advice would be great.
Reply 1
I have no advice regarding what would and wouldn't appear on the enhanced DBS. But do you lose anything by applying for the job? At best, you get the job. At worst, you don't but you get the experience of going through an interview and if they go ahead with the DBS check, you will find out whether or not anything about that situation appears in the report.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending