The Student Room Group

DBS

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice last year I was asked to go into the police station for a volunteer interview over a false accusation I was not arrested and it got for no further action. Would this show on my Enhanced DBS as um applying for a new job role
Original post by Amaraaaa123
Hi, I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice last year I was asked to go into the police station for a volunteer interview over a false accusation I was not arrested and it got for no further action. Would this show on my Enhanced DBS as um applying for a new job role

It might. It might not. (Sorry for being vague, but the process itself is vague.)

The official stance (here) is that for an Enhanced DBS check, "The certificate may also contain non-conviction information supplied by relevant police forces, if it is deemed relevant and ought to be contained in the certificate." (my emphasis)

This could theoretically include information such as an acquittal, an arrest which resulted in no further action or even an allegation which did not lead to an arrest. Having said that, it is very rare for the police to include information on an Enhanced DBS check that doesn't relate to a conviction. So in all likelihood what you've described will not appear - but it theoretically could.
Reply 2
Thank you so much for you’re reply it’s just so worrying not knowing the unknown

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending