The Student Room Group

What's the best book you read last decade?

Scroll to see replies

Well I don't know about last DECADE, at the start of it I couldn't read but my favourite from last year was on wattpad and it was called A Secret Service by Joymoment. I absolutely loved it because it made me both laugh and cry and really made me feel for the characters. You should check it out:smile:
Original post by Ghanna
life of pi is beautiful

I haven’t read the book but I have seen movie in 3D it was so cool
Oh boy...

1984/animal farm by George Orwell
The Kite Runner by Khaled Mosseini
Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Reply 43
Original post by sly_southafrican
Oh boy...

1984/animal farm by George Orwell
The Kite Runner by Khaled Mosseini
Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

animal farm is amazing. you should search up a theory called humanocentrism
Soooo hard...
Probably the Hannibal series or Stephen King’s books (I’m reading IT now and man is it good)
the best book series I read was probably a daughter of smoke and bone, had the right mix of supernatural and myth if ygm
The diamond of the durary land something like that
Sheesh, i can't remember most of the books i read in the decade. I can't even remember what i was reading at the beginning of 2019. I've been asleep since then. 10 years is a long time and at least in my case a hell of a lot of books. I read a lot and probably get through on average two or three books a month, though i do tend to stick to just a few authors and i pre-oder their next book while i'm reading their latest one it seems that my authors will do long series, I think Scott Mariani's Ben Hope series is already on or past book 20 and I have read all of them.

It seems nothing as high brow as some of the work going on here, i'm a lowly crime fiction girl. With a bit of psychological thriller and magic stuck in there too.
(edited 4 years ago)
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
The Stranger Beside Me - Ann Rule
The Riverman - Robert Keppel
Prozac Nation - Elizabeth Wurtzel
Fifty shades of grey
The perks of being a wallflower. I feel like it’s such an important teenage read
Reply 51
Hush Hush or The Hunger Games
I am reading The Plague by Camus right now. Very topical:rolleyes:...
The Downing Street years by Margaret Thatcher

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending