The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level English Literature Paper 3: Poetry 9ET0 03 - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How was the Edexcel A Level English Literature Paper 3: Poetry exam for you?

Edexcel A Level English Literature Paper 3: Poetry 9ET0 03 - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 20th June PM
Length: 2h15

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

hi yall! i'm doing poems of the decade and rossetti- any predictions for the questions?
Original post by TheSuckUpStudent
hi yall! i'm doing poems of the decade and rossetti- any predictions for the questions?

i've seen you on all the edexcel threads and you're doing the exact same topics as me! :smile: also, no predictions sadly although, i did have to explore 'happiness' in rossetti for my mock which was such a tough question i hope it doesn't come up!!
Original post by niaaanz
i've seen you on all the edexcel threads and you're doing the exact same topics as me! :smile: also, no predictions sadly although, i did have to explore 'happiness' in rossetti for my mock which was such a tough question i hope it doesn't come up!!

Hey nice to meet you hehe! Honestly I feel like Rossetti is like the exact opposite of happy so that sounds really tough- what poem were you given? I've been looking at all the past questions and I seems like 'the past'/ 'time' often comes up for poetry, but hasn't for Rossetti- so I think I might try focusing on that???
Reply 4
Hey nice to meet you hehe! Honestly I feel like Rossetti is like the exact opposite of happy so that sounds really tough- what poem were you given? I've been looking at all the past questions and I seems like 'the past'/ 'time' often comes up for poetry, but hasn't for Rossetti- so I think I might try focusing on that???

same here! I really hope they are kind to us, especially due to the advanced info...

sorry for the late reply omg!! the poem i got was 'a birthday' and i managed to compare it with 'piteous my rhyme is' :smile:
Does anyone do Wife of Bath and if so do you have any predictions?
Predictions for the POTD?
Does anyone know what the Romantic Poetry questions were last year?
Reply 9
Does anyone know all the AS questions that have come up for F + HMT?
(Original post by m1212m)Does anyone know all the AS questions that have come up for F + HMT?

separation and courage i think
thank you
(Original post by m1212m)Does anyone know all the AS questions that have come up for F + HMT?

separation and courage i think

I do the exact same and I don't have any idea for Rossetti at all lol. I hope the poem in the PotD is either The Gun or Please Hold as I enjoy those.
I really need this exam to go well since prose was horrible today and drama wasn't the best! :frown:
(edited 1 year ago)
literally me :frown: kinda feel like m going to have to retake
I really need this exam to go well since prose was horrible today and drama wasn't the best! :frown:
Original post by m1212m
literally me :frown: kinda feel like m going to have to retake

honestly same, these are probably the worst set of exams I’ve done :frown: but hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower ahh!!
I feel like i really have to up my game with this exam - I feel like drama went ok and prose too but i'm worried I won't get the grades I want ;-;
hoping for a nice grade boundary and a nice q for keats and poems of the decade
Is anyone else doing Modernist poetry?

Any predictions for Poems of the Decade?
(edited 1 year ago)
The Gun hopefully !!
Original post by penguingirl18
Is anyone else doing Modernist poetry?

Any predictions for Poems of the Decade?
Original post by m1212m
The Gun hopefully !!

omg that would be nice!!! like esp if we got a question on gender like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending