The Student Room Group

Police Now Detectives Programme 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by gtaggg
Hey! I applied to Humberside and have been emailed to inform me that I have been successful but they will contact me about the next steps. Does anyone have any idea of what the next steps are?

Congratulations! Well done to everyone who has had a successful result so far.
I think they are working out whether the assessment centre will go ahead in London or whether they will have to alter it to virtual due to COVID.
It is half a day and as far as I’ve read will consist of a written exercise, strengths-based interview, virtual reality environment and roleplay assesssment.

Assessment centres are currently scheduled for June and July.
Congratulations! I’m Humberside too 😁Assessment centre is online, but seems to be staggered. I’ve got mine on Friday 5th June. On the Police Now web page there is all the information on there about what to expect at the online assessment centre.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 182
Were you able to choose the date for your assesment centre from a list of options or did they just give you one date? I'm concerned about getting time off work if it's on a fixed day with no flexibility.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lz889
Were you able to choose the date for your assesment centre from a list of options or did they just give you one date? I'm concerned about getting time off work if it's on a fixed day with no flexibility.

They gave a choice of dates ranging over a two week period, both morning and afternoon slots :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by rallan6
They gave a choice of dates ranging over a two week period, both morning and afternoon slots :smile:

Thanks! That definitely sounds ok then.
Hello I have just read through this thread - congrats everyone on getting through to the assessment centre. I have booked in for mine next week
Hello I have just booked my assessment for next week & I have booked my information session at the end of this week. congrats to everyone who has got through. I have just requested the facebook group - How are people feeling with the assesment centre day being over zoom ?
Reply 187
That's exciting! All the best for the assessment centre. Which force did you apply for? I wonder if they are doing the assessments one force at a time. I haven't been given a date for it yet.
I also tried to join the Facebook group but haven't been added yet.
I'm ok with it being on Zoom I think. I've interviewed quite often by Skype before and I think I actually prefer it to real life interviews, although it's hard to imagine how the role plays and things will work. At least we're all in the same boat!
(edited 3 years ago)
I've applied for city of London and found out I've got to the next stage about 4 days ago as well - congratulations :smile:
Reply 189
Original post by julesawatson
I've applied for city of London and found out I've got to the next stage about 4 days ago as well - congratulations :smile:

Congratulations! Have you booked for online assessments yet? I’ve applied to City but haven’t been invited to book anything yet, just told I’ve been successful and they will be in touch.
Do we think they are doing it force by force or order of applications maybe?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Jatto
Congratulations! Have you booked for online assessments yet? I’ve applied to City but haven’t been invited to book anything yet, just told I’ve been successful and they will be in touch.
Do we think they are doing it force by force or order of applications maybe?
🤷*♀️

Well done :smile: I got the same as you, still waiting on them to let me know the next steps/when to book an assessment centre. I'm getting the feeling there's a different process for each force. They might end up doing an in person one in London but we'll probably all have to awkwardly socially distance haha
Reply 191
Well done :smile: I got the same as you, still waiting on them to let me know the next steps/when to book an assessment centre. I'm getting the feeling there's a different process for each force. They might end up doing an in person one in London but we'll probably all have to awkwardly socially distance haha

😂 Should be fun! I hope we do get to go to an assessment centre rather than online.
Best of luck.
I was invited to book an online AC on Monday and applied for City of London Police. So lucky lol!
I got invited to book my slot for the AC today, and the only days they had were the end of June and both are online 🤷🏻*♀️
Where has everyone applied to? I applied to Sussex
Original post by Jatto
😂 Should be fun! I hope we do get to go to an assessment centre rather than online.
Best of luck.

Me too :smile: Thank you - and you!
Original post by Yappyyy
I got invited to book my slot for the AC today, and the only days they had were the end of June and both are online 🤷🏻*♀️

Oh cool! when did you find out you were successful? And which force? Well done :smile:
Oh cool! when did you find out you were successful? And which force? Well done :smile:

Thanks! I found out on Friday, and I’ve applied to Thames Valley. How about you? :smile:
Reply 198
Original post by beany96
Where has everyone applied to? I applied to Sussex

I also applied to Sussex. I grew up there, although I haven't actually lived there for years, but it seemed the most appropriate of the forces that were recruiting when I applied
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lz889
I also applied to Sussex. I grew up there, although I haven't actually lived there for years, but it seemed the most appropriate of the forces that were recruiting when I applied

Oh great!! Have you booked onto the assessments centre?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending