The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by RogerOxon
We can show how the Earth formed. We can prove that we evolved from simpler forms of life. We don't claim that "something came from nothing", but you do - you claim that your god created everything from nothing. How gullible do you have to be to believe that (with ZERO evidence)?!

Forgive me if I’m wrong but you do claim something came from nothing don’t you? How do you yourself think the universe was created?
Original post by AmberDalia
Well you can't prove that something came from nothing.

We don’t believe that though, it’s you who thinks that God created everything out of nothing, so thanks for showing how silly your own belief is! :biggrin:

You can't prove how this earth came to be.

Of course we can. Planet formation is very well understood. Looks like you need a basic education in science if you seriously think planet formation is a mystery.

You can't prove how you came to be.

Oh dear, science really isn’t your strong suit, is it? Of course we can prove how we came to be. When our parents had sex we were conceived and developed. As for human evolution, it’s backed up by tonnes of evidence, no need for your fake god to explain any of that.

As I said if I'm wrong their is no consequences for me with following your atheist beliefs

Wrong, because you’re assuming that only your god could exist. If you’re wrong and the real god is the Christian one for example, you’re going to hell! Moreover, belief can’t be faked. What you’re postulating here is Pascal’s Wager, which has been debunked many times. Hell isn’t real and Allah is fake, so there are no consequences for us not following Islam.

however if your wrong then there is negative consequences for the amount of hatred shown towards the religion. Time will tell 🤝

Nope, time won’t tell. We already know Islam is fake.
(edited 4 years ago)
The things people do to drag hatred into Islam..I just can’t
Original post by RogerOxon
We can show how the Earth formed. We can prove that we evolved from simpler forms of life. We don't claim that "something came from nothing", but you do - you claim that your god created everything from nothing. How gullible do you have to be to believe that (with ZERO evidence)?![/

Wait didn’t mean to post
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 124
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Nope, time won’t tell. We already know Islam is fake.

God created the universe out of nothing because he’s omnipotent. Either you think it was created by itself, it was always in existence, or was created by something outside of the universe. Take your pick.

You cannot 100% prove how the Earth came to be, at the moment anyway.

Again, you cannot prove how we came to be. Yes, we are born through conception. Can you prove how non-living atoms came together to produce a living cell? Human evolution is nothing but a theory, there are many counter arguments out there. Moreover, the philosophy of science exists, and these so called “evidences for origins of life” will change as new theories come to light. You cannot claim “proof.”

You say that you KNOW Islam is false. Can you disprove the existence of God, then?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by tdpr_
God created the universe out of nothing

So you do think it's possible for the universe to come from nothing. Glad we sorted that out.

because he’s omnipotent

You have not provided the slightest bit of evidence that God is real, let alone that he can create things from nothing.

Either you think it was created by itself, it was always in existence, or was created by something outside of the universe. Take your pick.

None of these require the existence of a supernatural being. What we know so far is the current universe resulted from the expansion of an infinitely dense singularity. The origin of this singularity is currently unknown, it may have always existed, or may itself have been as a result of the collapse of a previous universe. In any case, all we have evidence for is the natural, not the supernatural.

You cannot 100% prove how the Earth came to be, at the moment anyway.

I repeat, planet formation is well understood, so yes, we know how the Earth formed, just as how virtually all other planets form: by gravitational accretion.

Again, you cannot prove how we came to be. Yes, we are born through conception.

Yes, we can. You've said it yourself, we are made through conception and foetal development, fact.

Can you prove how non-living atoms came together to produce a living cell?

This isn't evolution, this is a separate hypothesis known as abiogenesis. And just because we don't have the full answer right now doesn't mean we won't ever know or that "God did it" is a suitable answer. Lots of work has already been done showing how inert chemicals can form into the building blocks of RNA and DNA.

Moreover, something very important to keep in mind is that evolution and abiogenesis are completely separate theories, and don't rely on each other. Life could have been started by a magical octopus for all we care, but that still wouldn't change the fact that organisms do evolve.

Human evolution is nothing but a theory, there are many counter arguments out there.

Oh dear, someone else who doesn't understand basic science. Evolution isn't "just a theory". You're clearly unaware of the fact that in science a theory doesn't mean a speculative guess like it means in everyday speech, it means an extremely well-evidenced description of a phenomenon. Human evolution is fact for all intents and purposes. It is supported by mountains and mountains of evidence and there are no serious, credible works that refute it. The fact evolution occurs isn't even a debate in the scientific community, it does.

Moreover, the philosophy of science exists, and these so called “evidences for origins of life” will change as new theories come to light. You cannot claim “proof.”

This is splitting hairs. While it's true you cannot claim 100% proof, you can claim that the evidence for something is so strong as for it to constitute fact in every reasonable and practical sense of the word. For example, no one in their right mind would claim that gravity and germs aren't real despite the fact they're both described by scientific theories and therefore don't constitute 100% mathematical proof. People only start quibbling and become this pedantic when a particular scientific theory comes into conflict with their superstitious beliefs.

You say that you KNOW Islam is false. Can you disprove the existence of God, then?

Yes. The first thing to understand is that there are many different types of gods. A general, non-specific deity cannot be disproved by nature of its definition, just as one can't disprove an invisible, undetectable teapot is orbiting Mars.

However, the Islamic god is much more specific, and definitive claims are made about its nature, behaviour and actions. The most important of which is that the Quran is its direct and perfect message. Therefore all it takes is to find one error and/or contradiction in there and in Islamic doctrine to disprove Allah's existence. And there are plenty. Ergo Allah is fake.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 126
Original post by 1st superstar
Yep some real entertainment gotta tag @mgi, @Achaea and @Studentnewcastle too

I just knew it would be entertaining! lol. I can't wait for the next few hundred posts with the usual confusion between scientifically proven "facts" and "faith'! ; two completely different but legitimate fields. Far too advanced for the average tsr poster but a real entertainnent treat! lol.
Reply 127
Original post by Kitten in boots
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/world/french-teenager-in-hiding-after-insulting-islam-online-0vl5hrs0m

I appreciate many religious people are really insecure about their faith, so dislike any kind of criticism. However, if a teenager says your religion is full of hate, don't respond with multiple death and rape threats. It really doesn't help.

But I thought Islam was the religion of peace?
Reply 128
Original post by tdpr_
Sorry but there’s no way I can’t interrupt you here. All these so called “violent verses” have been taken out of context and misinterpreted. Just because some idiot, who has no clue about Islam, decides he has the authority to interpret a verse how he wishes and then carries out a violent act DOES NOT mean Islam is a violent religion.

"Context" does not remove the violence from a passage. When a verse says to kill or crucify or flog or beat a person, it is a verse that condones or promotes violence. Just because it may not apply to everyone does not change that.

Islam is a religion of peace and violence, of tolerance and intolerance, of equality and discrimination.
Reply 129
Original post by ibby68
The reason why we are "perfectly decent individuals" is because our religion does not promote hatred or violence.Despite, what the media and hate groups will make you believe. Only a small percentage, who misinterpret quotes are the ones who go around giving the religion a bad rep by committing heinous acts . There is a reason, there are scholars who spend their whole lives studying the religion, to give advice. Because their is CONTEXT to everything. not just in the Quran, in every religious scripture. You could pick quotes from the Bible,Quran or other religious scriptures that will always will need further explanation by knowledgeable people.

The reason why most Muslims are "perfectly decent individuals" is because they don't follow their religion to the letter. Their morality and worldview comes as much from innate empathy and humanity and social expectation as from the Quran and sunnah.
Have you ever wondered why the "extremists" only need to quote the Quran or sunnah, while moderates need lengthy essays and videos to explain why Allah and Muhammad didn't actually mean what they said. For in infallible, omniscient, omnipotent god, Allah didn't do a very good job, did he?

So calling our religion "not very nice" is pretty unfair.

Considering that Islam promotes or condones slavery, rape* and torture (under appropriate conditions), "not vey nice" is an understatement!

* In the context of current laws
Reply 130
Original post by tdpr_
There’s no need for me to do anything. These claims have been refuted an abhorrent amount of times and me doing it once more isn’t gonna make the slightest difference - you being the prime example.

Muhammad repeatedly stated that apostates should be killed. I'm not aware of any hadith where he revoked that instruction. Could you give me the reference? Thanks.
Reply 131
Not so. In my experience they usually focus on the content of their holy scriptures. People are individuals and cannot be used to define a religion, whether extremist or moderate. A religion is only defined by the contents of its ideology.

I've noticed people (here on TSR anyway), focus on Islam a lot, which I find a little disturbing given there's a young audience here.

Muslims tend to make more ridiculous and unsupported absolute claims about their religion than the followers of other faith do. They also tend to try and defend and justify the unacceptable elements of scripture more than others.
Reply 132
Original post by jeakiopre
And how many people think incest should be illegal when it is something that has ZERO impact on them, but they are told by a hypocritical society (that supports the abuse of billions of animals) that they should find incest offensive?

There are rational and logical reasons why incest is illegal, but as an isolated physical act, it is not objectively wrong.
Original post by QE2
"Context" does not remove the violence from a passage. When a verse says to kill or crucify or flog or beat a person, it is a verse that condones or promotes violence. Just because it may not apply to everyone does not change that.

Islam is a religion of peace and violence, of tolerance and intolerance, of equality and discrimination.

What sort of rubbish is this?

Context is extremely important. Allowing Muslims to attack / kill the enemy when the opponents attack the Muslims first, attempt to kill them, invade their land or drive them out of their homes seems very reasonable to me. What you are doing here, by disregarding context, is saying it doesn’t matter that it’s an act of self-defence or if that the Muslims were being killed, God said the word ‘kill’ and therefore it’s a violent religion.

It would be ridiculous if God had said if the disbelievers attack you, please allow them to do so, with compassion and love for them :rofl:

Remember, no one is claiming that Islam is a pacifist religion. Because it’s not. But it is however, a peaceful religion. You are clearly very confused.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Kitten in boots
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/world/french-teenager-in-hiding-after-insulting-islam-online-0vl5hrs0m

I appreciate many religious people are really insecure about their faith, so dislike any kind of criticism. However, if a teenager says your religion is full of hate, don't respond with multiple death and rape threats. It really doesn't help.

Oh my i cannot believe some people seriously if she was in-front of me i would give her a long lecture. Islam is one of the beautiful religion. I am so proud to be Muslim. She needs to learn about Islam then come and say this type of things. If Islam was really religion with hate then everyone would be dead by now including her.
Reply 135
Original post by princess770
Oh my i cannot believe some people seriously if she was in-front of me i would give her a long lecture. Islam is one of the beautiful religion. I am so proud to be Muslim. She needs to learn about Islam then come and say this type of things. If Islam was really religion with hate then everyone would be dead by now including her.

your mentality is awful. The fact that first thing that concerned you from the article is the way your religion is viewed, and not the threats of violence and rape against the young girl is worrying.

Do you agree with the idea of being threatened to be raped and killed, if you criticise a religion? it seems like you do
(edited 4 years ago)

You're proud of being gullible?!

You need to learn the difference between Islam and Muslims - many reject the vile bits of Islam, e.g. don't keep slaves.

Do you think that non-Muslims are the "worst of all beasts"?
Original post by SaraS786

Context is extremely important. Allowing Muslims to attack / kill the enemy when the opponents attack the Muslims first, attempt to kill them, invade their land or drive them out of their homes seems very reasonable to me. What you are doing here, by disregarding context, is saying it doesn’t matter that it’s an act of self-defence or if that the Muslims were being killed, God said the word ‘kill’ and therefore it’s a violent religion.

It would be ridiculous if God had said if the disbelievers attack you, please allow them to do so, with compassion and love for them :rofl:

Remember, no one is claiming that Islam is a pacifist religion. Because it’s not. But it is however, a peaceful religion. You are clearly very confused.

Sunni/Shia Muslims have spent almost 1,400 years killing each resulting from a dispute involving Muslims killing their fellow Muslims.

We still see this violence on an almost daily basis in Iraq, Syria and Yemen.

The disbelievers attacking Muslims narrative rings hollow when Muslims are slaughtering each other. It really does not match your peaceful religion claim.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by SaraS786

Will you laugh at Martin Luther King being tortured for eternity, as qur'anic dogma says?

The qur'an says that Ibrahim was willing to kill a child because Allah told him to.

If you believed that Allah told you to kill children, would you do it?

Latest

Trending

Trending