The Student Room Group

Grade 9 for history

Hello my gcses are in a few months and I would like to get a grade 9 in history - usually I get grades 8/7. One of my weaknesses is Britain:Power and the People, so I was wondering if anyone has any high level notes this topic which covers the significance of each event as well as the impacts both long term and short term which could help me.
Please get back to me if you can and thanks x
Reply 1
I don't do history but i understand your problem,, you can try the Seneca website; it has a lot of different things on there according to the exam board. Good luck in your gcse's!
i actually quite liked power and the people :smile: i don't have my notes anymore (did history last year and threw everything away).
the revision guide is great for it i've got to say
i remember that for each event, we said whether they were an economic, power, religious, or social issue. (they were more categories than this but i cant remember rn). this helped us relate events to each other, and see which were more significant. if you order them in time too, you can also see how earlier events lead to other events being possible (long term impact).
good luck, id say split the events up into 4 different eras to make it easier

Quick Reply

Latest