The Student Room Group

Are My GCSEs GOOD ENOUGH?

Hi all,

I’ve been having a bit of stress recently due to an information evening at school saying that most Cambridge applicants that are successful from this area will have mostly 9s and a few 8s.

(London)

Therefore, am I wasting my time with my grades or are they good enough (I am going for history- I don’t have history) - is maths a problem? And the btech?

English Lit 9
RS 9
Geography 9
English Lang 8
Science 8 8
Food 8
Maths 7
Btech Business D* (8/9 equivalent)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Crystalcreps
Hi all,

I’ve been having a bit of stress recently due to an information evening at school saying that most Cambridge applicants that are successful from this area will have mostly 9s and a few 8s.

(London)

Therefore, am I wasting my time with my grades or are they good enough (I am going for history- I don’t have history) - is maths a problem? And the btech?

English Lit 9
RS 9
Geography 9
English Lang 8
Science 8 8
Food 8
Maths 7

Your grades are not going to be an issue at all (unless you're applying for something Maths-heavy, which clearly you're not).

See "Are these GCSEs good enough for x" - the guide, which covers Cambridge first.
Hi all,

(London)

English Lit 9
RS 9
Geography 9
English Lang 8
Science 8 8
Food 8
Maths 7

Hey!

Current Cambridge Law student here, your grades are absolutely fine for Cambridge! I only got 2x 9, 4x 7 and still got an offer! Your predicted grades and interviews are way more important.
Hi all,

(London)

English Lit 9
RS 9
Geography 9
English Lang 8
Science 8 8
Food 8
Maths 7

hi! i’ve just received an interview offer from cambridge and my gcses are substantially lower than yours! your performance in your a levels is way more important
Original post by Bobby578293
Hey!
Current Cambridge Law student here, your grades are absolutely fine for Cambridge! I only got 2x 9, 4x 7 and still got an offer! Your predicted grades and interviews are way more important.

Do you know anyone with no 9s? I've heard of many Oxbridge students with one or two 9s but have never heard about an Oxbridge student with no 9 at all . I got 8888888876

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending