The Student Room Group

Journalism as Combined Honours?

I'm interested in studying Journalism with Psychology as combined hons at Winchester in particular, but have found out the Winch has not (yet) received the FULL BJTC accreditation (not even the National one - just the Broadcast council one) for it's Journalism course.

However, if i was only taking it as COMBINED hons, i would theorectically not get this accreditation anyway as it is only availiable for the full single honours. (and this would apply to any Uni)

Similar situation with Psychology - if i only do it as part of a combined degree i will not receive the full BPS accreditation.

Do you think this will disadvantage me when I attempt to start a career that involves either of these?

It would be great to hear from anyone else who is studying a combined honours with Journalism in particular.

I could also consider the Major/Minor option but don't know much about it - if you took Journalism as the major would you get the full accreditation if it was availiable?

Sorry if this is confusing, any help would be great.
Reply 1
I'm doing english lit and journalism joint honours (well, I will be next month!), and at no point was I told about not getting the BJTC accreditation because it's joint honours instead of single- in fact, at one university open day, they made a big point of saying how they were one of the universities in the UK to have/offer it, knowing that those listening to the presentation were doing joint honours.

Hm I'm not much help am I :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending