The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE English Language Requirement

Hi, I am from India. I received a conditional offer from LSE. The condition was the IELTS/TOEFL. My TOEFL score is 101 with a break up of ( 22 in reading, 24 in listening, 25 in writing and 30 in speaking). I am meeting the individual requirements for 3/4 sections however I falling short by 1 point in the reading component. Further they had switched my offer from conditional to unconditional for 2 days but then they again switched it back.I contacted the admissions and they said that apply for the waiver request since it's a margin of 1 point.I have done the same. I have done my entire education in English here. Has anyone ever faced a similar issue? If yes ,what was the outcome? And any advice would help.
Original post by Anjali28
Hi, I am from India. I received a conditional offer from LSE. The condition was the IELTS/TOEFL. My TOEFL score is 101 with a break up of ( 22 in reading, 24 in listening, 25 in writing and 30 in speaking). I am meeting the individual requirements for 3/4 sections however I falling short by 1 point in the reading component. Further they had switched my offer from conditional to unconditional for 2 days but then they again switched it back.I contacted the admissions and they said that apply for the waiver request since it's a margin of 1 point.I have done the same. I have done my entire education in English here. Has anyone ever faced a similar issue? If yes ,what was the outcome? And any advice would help.

Only LSE can decide and it is extremely competitive, so you are clutching at straws.
You have done the right thing by applying for waiver, but it remains at their discretion. I would be hopeful, just be patient,
They have pre-sessional courses, but expensive and hope you dont have to consider it for 1 point.

https://www.lse.ac.uk/language-centre/english-programmes/english-presessional-programme/secure
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Only LSE can decide and it is extremely competitive, so you are clutching at straws.
You have done the right thing by applying for waiver, but it remains at their discretion. I would be hopeful, just be patient,
They have pre-sessional courses, but expensive and hope you dont have to consider it for 1 point.

https://www.lse.ac.uk/language-centre/english-programmes/english-preses

I hope so too! But what is unusual that they switched from conditional to unconditional to conditional?!
I am just stressed with what will happen.
I hope so too! But what is unusual that they switched from conditional to unconditional to conditional?!
I am just stressed with what will happen.

You just need to be patient, once you know how long a decision might take.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
You just need to be patient, once you Hknow how long a decision might take.

Hey, i am applying to LSE, but have a C in IGCSE english lang. Will they still qualify me for getting an IELTS test before august or straight rejection
Reply 5
If you still need some sacred tips that will really be helpful i’m here to help please don’t hesitate. You won’t be dissatisfied.
Hi,

I was looking to apply for a English Language waiver, its the only condition left to my LSE application - i got an offer. I have taken the IELTS exam and i have met all the band scores, however my test scores falls short just 2 months from their cut-off.

Do you have any tips on how to frame the letter for a waiver? Did you send an email or did you apply through the How do i forms?

Hello, wanted to ask for the follow up. Did they consider your request, or revoked your offer? Please let me know as currently I am in the same boat as you were :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending