The Student Room Group

CPS Legal Trainee Scheme Winter 2020

Scroll to see replies

At least that’s the current position. It’s because of the way the training is set out. You can’t have people starting at random different points. It wouldn’t be feasible x
Good luck with VIs everyone. I'm quite nervous and the practice qs were useless...But I guess they just want us to have grasped what the CPS does and why we want to work there. I've actually quite enjoyed the recruitment process so far!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by maharani42
Good luck with VIs everyone. I quite nervous and the practice qs were useless...But I guess they just want us to have grasped what the CPS does and why we want to work there. I've actually quite enjoyed the recruitment process so far!

Exactly that.good luck all x
Does anyone know the email address where I can send my LPC transcripts? I didn't see an option when doing the stage one application
Regarding uploading CVs

In the application section where it asks for employment history, we had to remove any info regarding education institutions, gender, age ect.

Did you also remove this information from your CV you attached as a document or not?
Original post by LollyLOU
Regarding uploading CVs

In the application section where it asks for employment history, we had to remove any info regarding education institutions, gender, age ect.

Did you also remove this information from your CV you attached as a document or not?

I removed x
Reply 87
Original post by LollyLOU
Regarding uploading CVs

I did. Although it wasn’t clear either way.

For those querying test results, I found them under the ‘feedback’ section after completing each one. I thought the verbal reasoning test went terribly but scored 99%. Not sure how that happened tbh.

I’ve enjoyed the process so far, it’s been a welcome distraction from everything going on at the moment - especially with the number of chambers postponing or cancelling recruitment.

After so many awful video interviews I think it’ll make for a nice change to not have someone on the other end :smile: that’s if I make it to the VI stage, of course.
Original post by BarBlondie
I removed x

Thank you me too x
Original post by Russ3684
At least that’s the current position. It’s because of the way the training is set out. You can’t have people starting at random different points. It wouldn’t be feasible x

That may still be the position, but these are unprecedented times. they may wish to make adjustments considering the amount of people who could be affected.
Reply 90
Original post by crime_doesnt_pay
That may still be the position, but these are unprecedented times. they may wish to make adjustments considering the amount of people who could be affected.

But why would they make adjustments if those who are affected can apply just a few months later for the next intake?
They’ve already said they won’t. See further up the thread. It’s entirely up to you if you wish to approach them with that assertion but I would be expecting to get the same response. That way you aren’t disappointed.

I’m currently doing the training and there are lots of courses etc you have to attend, meaning it wouldn’t be possible to old back say ten candidates whilst another 20 proceeded.
*hold back.
Original post by UKstarfleet
The CPS currently have no plans to change the November start date.......if you haven't completed your dinning sessions and you cannot get your results on or before the 30th October the CPS will not continue to consider your application. You will receive a definitive answer on the 24th April if not before, it is highly probable that those of you whom have not been able to upload your BPTC certificate will NOT be considered further for the winter intake.......but don't despair because the CPS will hold another intake from September 2020 onwards to start in April 2021. Also please be aware that some of us here have been through the process more than twice and we're still applying. So try not to panic, concentrate on your studies and I am sure everything will work out just fine.

This was a previous response to the question
It may change in April 24th but it’s going to depend on the likely length of this situation (which nobody knows now), how it may impact trainees and if this can be accommodated considering the induction and training plan for that intake.
Original post by KatKi
But why would they make adjustments if those who are affected can apply just a few months later for the next intake?

Exactly- you can see it’s likely that it’s already affected the spring intake. That’s usually commenced in March- my spring intake was. So if you were to push back the November one, it would impact subsequent intakes. You have to remember that once the interview is passed it is still months potentially before a firm offer can be made and you commence. I think there’s some timelines set out from my personal experience much earlier in the thread.
Original post by Russ3684
As for dates.

Initial app and tests 16.09.19
Video interview invite 25.09.19
Invite to interview 5.11.19
Interview result 29.11.19
Conditional offer 15.01.2020
Firm offer 30.01.2020
Start date 16.03.2020

It’s worth bearing in mind there were more successful candidates than allocated spaces but they have a policy of preferring to place all those who pass interview and in worst case place on a reserve list. This accounts for some of the delay.

This was my timeline of events.
Has any had an invite to the VI yet? I have just completed the tests. How long after test completion did you get the invite?

Thanks
You will get the invite tomorrow now I believe as they send them out every day. You can check your results on the application centre by clicking on feedback
I’m sorry to hear. I totally know that must be gutting. I applied 3 times before I even got past VI! So hold on!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending