The Student Room Group

CPS Legal Trainee Scheme

I am looking to apply for the CPS LTS next year and I would like to have some advice, insights or any information about it? What they looking for and the application process, please.

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I’m also looking to apply and I know the application was meant to go live today 4th January but I’ve been checking since 8am this morning and still can’t see anything! Just want to check it’s not just me?
It’s live now!

I’m a former trainee and happy to answer any questions x
It’s live now!

Reply 4
Found the verbal reasoning tough. I have done it before for other civil service jobs but this one felt harder to me
Original post by suby123
Found the verbal reasoning tough. I have done it before for other civil service jobs but this one felt harder to me

You got through the civil service judgment test ok?
Original post by Russ3684
It’s live now!

Hey :smile:

I’ve passed the CSJT & CVRT. I’d really appreciate CV advice! Also it isn’t very clear on the advert whether it’s blind recruitment (removing details that can identify protected characteristic, which university you went to etc)

Many thanks in advance
Original post by suby123

Hey,

I also found the CVRT quite tricky! Especially in comparison to the practice tests. Definitely a few brain teasers that needed to be worked out with pen and paper.
Original post by LouAngie
Hey,

I also found the CVRT quite tricky! Especially in comparison to the practice tests. Definitely a few brain teasers that needed to be worked out with pen and paper.

I don't think the practice questions were representative of the actual test! The test was tricky! Good luck everyone - not long to wait out if we have reached the Video Interview!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Hi, what did you end up doing with the CV, I have the same questions as you and am very confused

I’ve passed the CSJT & CVRT. I’d really appreciate CV advice! Also it isn’t very clear on the advert whether it’s blind recruitment (removing details that can identify protected characteristic, which university you went to etc)

Many thanks in advance

Many thanks in advance

Original post by Sez__
Hi, what did you end up doing with the CV, I have the same questions as you and am very confused

Hi both,

It is very clear that the CV does not need to be anonymous. Please read the Legal Trainee Scheme FAQs ("LTS FAQs").

Except for what I have underlined below, you are able to include in your CV everything else such as Educational institutions, Name, Email address etc...

The LTS FAQs document states:

"Does my CV need to be anonymous?

No, your CV does not need to be anonymous as it’s purpose is to be a supporting tool at interview. However, please do not include any of your Sensitive Personal Data - racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, data concerning health or sex life and sexual orientation, genetic and / or biometric data."
Original post by Sez__

Hi :smile:

I emailed EarlyCareers who confirmed that your CV is a supporting tool at the final interview stage and is not marked at any point. So feel free to include whatever you like in this that you feel will best support you at interview stage.
Reply 12
Can I ask those that did the CSJT, was it similar to the practice test (i.e 3 sections with texts and video scenario)?
Reply 13
Hi :smile:

I emailed EarlyCareers who confirmed that your CV is a supporting tool at the final interview stage and is not marked at any point. So feel free to include whatever you like in this that you feel will best support you at interview stage.

thanks!!
Reply 14
Does anybody know what type of questions the video interview will be asking? Are we going to be assessed on behaviours at the video interview stage?
Reply 15
Original post by Barr23
Can I ask those that did the CSJT, was it similar to the practice test (i.e 3 sections with texts and video scenario)?

kind of similar. there is no video scenarios in any test.
Iv just submitted my application. Anyone done a video interview for this role in the past, can give advice on what to expect.
Original post by hennamay
Iv just submitted my application. Anyone done a video interview for this role in the past, can give advice on what to expect.

have you done your interview yet? if so, how did you find it?
I found it really tricky and the time between each question whizzed by. How did you find it ?
I found it really tricky, how did you find it ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending