The Student Room Group

Art/Graphic Design FMP Sketchbook presentation

I have a couple of printed online articles for secondary research that I want to include in my sketchbook work. But I'm not sure how I should present the information in my A3 sketchbook.
My teacher said our sketchbooks should be predominantly visual (images and drawings) with experimentations, annotations and notes. How do I include secondary research/articles about my main fmp subject in my sketchbook?

1) Should I just stick the articles in with information highlighted and annotations around it?
2) Or cut up sections of key information and stick it in and do some drawings around it?
3) Or maybe not stick it in at all and summarise the key information, respond and come up with some sketches to draw around it?
Original post by SleepingOwl
I have a couple of printed online articles for secondary research that I want to include in my sketchbook work. But I'm not sure how I should present the information in my A3 sketchbook.
My teacher said our sketchbooks should be predominantly visual (images and drawings) with experimentations, annotations and notes. How do I include secondary research/articles about my main fmp subject in my sketchbook?

1) Should I just stick the articles in with information highlighted and annotations around it?
2) Or cut up sections of key information and stick it in and do some drawings around it?
3) Or maybe not stick it in at all and summarise the key information, respond and come up with some sketches to draw around it?

I'd go with 3 but maybe with the title and author info cut out and stuck in. Summarising the research in your own words but still referring to the original source maybe with some key quotes cut out as well would make it your interpretation of the research.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
I'd go with 3 but maybe with the title and author info cut out and stuck in. Summarising the research in your own words but still referring to the original source maybe with some key quotes cut out as well would make it your interpretation of the research.

:yes:Ok, thanx👍🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending