The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Lse or Oxford for masters?

I got accepted by LSE for Msc Ir, SOAS for Diplomacy, KCL for Inter. Conflict Studies. I am waiting for Oxford Msc GGD.
Any advice?
Why do you need advice if you haven’t heard back from Oxford yet?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by SkyRunner61
Why do you need advice if you haven’t heard back from Oxford yet?

Because I need to answer to LSE as soon as possible in order to be considered for further scholarships and for modules choice. So if Oxford would accept me, I would need to decide immediately. So my answer is: LSE or Oxford (in case they accept me)?
Lse course: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Graduate/Degree-programmes-2020/MSc-International-Relations
Oxford course: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/msc-global-governance-and-diplomacy?wssl=1
Which course do you prefer?
Original post by irongaldie
Because I need to answer to LSE as soon as possible in order to be considered for further scholarships and for modules choice. So if Oxford would accept me, I would need to decide immediately. So my answer is: LSE or Oxford (in case they accept me)?
Lse course: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Graduate/Degree-programmes-2020/MSc-International-Relations
Oxford course: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/msc-global-governance-and-diplomacy?wssl=1

So answer LSE in the affirmative, unless they are asking for a deposit. Then wait to see if you get an offer from Oxford, then decide.

No-one else is going to do your research for you, especially when it might not be necessary. And you haven't given us enough info about your background and your future aspirations to give any speculative advice.
Original post by threeportdrift
So answer LSE in the affirmative, unless they are asking for a deposit. Then wait to see if you get an offer from Oxford, then decide.

No-one else is going to do your research for you, especially when it might not be necessary. And you haven't given us enough info about your background and your future aspirations to give any speculative advice.

I did not give a lot of information regarding the courses because they are pretty similar. I would like to know if someone here already attended such courses. I am fourth year International Relations student at Dundee Uni and I have studied in the US earlier. My career goal is to become a diplomat in Italy (native country), but EU, NATO and UN are palatable options. Which department has the best to offer in term of career prospects and connection in this arena? LSE course has a more economic footprint (Economic Diplomacy), but Oxford as well offers economic-oriented modules as well.
Original post by irongaldie1
I did not give a lot of information regarding the courses because they are pretty similar. I would like to know if someone here already attended such courses. I am fourth year International Relations student at Dundee Uni and I have studied in the US earlier. My career goal is to become a diplomat in Italy (native country), but EU, NATO and UN are palatable options. Which department has the best to offer in term of career prospects and connection in this arena? LSE course has a more economic footprint (Economic Diplomacy), but Oxford as well offers economic-oriented modules as well.

It's really not going to make any difference, your own personal skill set, the connections you make from wherever you are, the brilliance of your research etc are what will make the difference to your career, not the superficial difference between Oxford and LSE.
Reply 7
Original post by threeportdrift
It's really not going to make any difference, your own personal skill set, the connections you make from wherever you are, the brilliance of your research etc are what will make the difference to your career, not the superficial difference between Oxford and LSE.

thank you for your response, and I share this point of view. I acknowledge that both Unis are excellent, but I do not really know according to which standards I should choose my option, since both are located at the same level.I am looking for that! I can not decide randomly!
Original post by irongaldie
thank you for your response, and I share this point of view. I acknowledge that both Unis are excellent, but I do not really know according to which standards I should choose my option, since both are located at the same level.I am looking for that! I can not decide randomly!

Which does your gut say that you will prefer? If they are both academically the same and employers aren't going to differentiate, then you should attend the one at which you think you will flourish more.
Won't make a difference, both at the top of the tree. Go for the uni/course you prefer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending