The Student Room Group

LSE MSc & UK Gov Postgraduate Loans

Hey everyone,

I'm currently an undergrad at University of Oxford and have just received an offer to study for a masters at LSE. However, with UK postgraduate loans, I was under the impression you can receive a one-off loan for masters courses. However, the website states that to be eligible, amongst other criteria, your masters needs to account for 180 ECS credits. The LSE masters all are 90 ECS credits. Does anybody know if I've got this wrong and I am eligible for this loan or not?

Thank you so much for your help!
Original post by anyanevettx
Hey everyone,

I'm currently an undergrad at University of Oxford and have just received an offer to study for a masters at LSE. However, with UK postgraduate loans, I was under the impression you can receive a one-off loan for masters courses. However, the website states that to be eligible, amongst other criteria, your masters needs to account for 180 ECS credits. The LSE masters all are 90 ECS credits. Does anybody know if I've got this wrong and I am eligible for this loan or not?

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi there, You can find out more about the Postgraduate Loan eligibility here: https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility

In order to be eligible for funding the postgraduate course must be a full stand alone master's. Below is a list of credits attributed to postgraduate courses.

Full Masters - minimum of 180 credits (can be more)
PgDip - 120 credits
PgCert - 60 credits

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending