The Student Room Group

80 hours total revision enough for year 12 mocks?

I am doing 3 a levels and in total I have planned to do a maximum of 80 hours of revision for them before my mocks in may/( maths and sciences)
This will be probably 3 hours a day. Is this enough to get As ( I’m on track for As anyway) if at least 90% of those hours are fairly efficient?
my target grades are As but I defo need to put work in for the As because currently I’m not achieving them in topic tests
Can someone please reply???
Reply 3
So 1 hour for each subject??
Original post by BBambiS
So 1 hour for each subject??

Yes around that , overall probably more for maths because i need more practice
Reply 5
I mean some people wouldn't think its enough but it depends on how confident you feel with each subject and many gaps there are in your knowledge..
Original post by student123447839
I am doing 3 a levels and in total I have planned to do a maximum of 80 hours of revision for them before my mocks in may/( maths and sciences)
This will be probably 3 hours a day. Is this enough to get As ( I’m on track for As anyway) if at least 90% of those hours are fairly efficient?

That’s plenty of time. I do four A Levels and I reckon that in Year 12 I did about 60 hours total revision for my end of years (got all As). It’s not about how many hours you do, it’s about working smartly. Good luck.
depends on what you do in those 80 hours, quality > quantity. if you organise your time and use it well you should be fine. go over weak areas first.
Original post by Mona123456
That’s plenty of time. I do four A Levels and I reckon that in Year 12 I did about 60 hours total revision for my end of years (got all As). It’s not about how many hours you do, it’s about working smartly. Good luck.

Thankyou! I will probably end up doing 60-70 work efficient hours anyway over the next 9 weeks so hopefully I’ll be ok, thanks again
Original post by entertainmyfaith
depends on what you do in those 80 hours, quality > quantity. if you organise your time and use it well you should be fine. go over weak areas first.

Thankyou :smile:
Original post by BBambiS
I mean some people wouldn't think its enough but it depends on how confident you feel with each subject and many gaps there are in your knowledge..

Oh ok thanks 😊

Quick Reply

Latest