The Student Room Group

looking for 8/9s at gcse, when did you start revising and how much?

anything is helpful pls, for those who achieved top grades when did you begin revising and how often/much. Thank you
depends how good you are already. what are your overall current grades?
Reply 2
Original post by saffronarora
anything is helpful pls, for those who achieved top grades when did you begin revising and how often/much. Thank you

I started December, because we had mocks first week back Jan, and then after that took a week 'off' revision then went all in till the end, because we had 2 mire sets of mocks before study leave
Reply 3
Original post by studyfor9s
depends how good you are already. what are your overall current grades?

8s in everything except 6 in drama and history
Reply 4
Original post by Singam21
I started December, because we had mocks first week back Jan, and then after that took a week 'off' revision then went all in till the end, because we had 2 mire sets of mocks before study leave

how many subjects would you be studying on school nights and when did you move from content to past papers?
Reply 5
i got four 9s and an 8, and i started around now doing it less intensely, and during Easter began doing proper revision. i got 9s in history (aqa- conflict and tension, Germany, restoration) and drama (edexcel), and im doing both for a level so if you have any questions lmk.
Reply 6

how many subjects would you be studying on school nights and when did you move from content to past papers?

Well I took the normal 10 subjects, most of it is learning and memorising content really, making sure u know each topic well enough, then i didn't start past papers until about April, and even then I only ever did past papers for History, Maths, and Business
Reply 7
Original post by charves14
i got four 9s and an 8, and i started around now doing it less intensely, and during Easter began doing proper revision. i got 9s in history (aqa- conflict and tension, Germany, restoration) and drama (edexcel), and im doing both for a level so if you have any questions lmk.

I really wanted to do Germany, it looked a lot more interesting than 20th Century America, which I did 😭, it was so dull pair that with Elizabethan England absolutely awful, at least korea vietnam was interesting
Reply 8

Hello! I'm aware that I might be a little late but I got 12 9s at GCSE.
May be a bit of an anomaly as I started revising in year 10 but I had a major burnout in year 11 (lasted the entire academic year) so you could say I revised for about a year total.
I usually revised every day after school but I'd do more frequent revision for content heavy subjects or stuff I was struggling on!
Original post by phxnt0m
Hello! I'm aware that I might be a little late but I got 12 9s at GCSE.
May be a bit of an anomaly as I started revising in year 10 but I had a major burnout in year 11 (lasted the entire academic year) so you could say I revised for about a year total.
I usually revised every day after school but I'd do more frequent revision for content heavy subjects or stuff I was struggling on!

thank youuuu

Quick Reply

Latest