The Student Room Group

Is it worth taking notes at this stage?

I’ve got my AS’s in May and I’ve still no finished all my notes, should I just start making flash cards and mind maps instead of longer detailed notes?
Original post by satsun
I’ve got my AS’s in May and I’ve still no finished all my notes, should I just start making flash cards and mind maps instead of longer detailed notes?

ngl... i dont take proper notes and i do really well. BUT make sure you have a really good text book that has all the info and is concise because it makes it so much easier to shortcut all of the long notes and just go straight to studying. Its more about repetition of it anyway...
Original post by ejtaylor2001
ngl... i dont take proper notes and i do really well. BUT make sure you have a really good text book that has all the info and is concise because it makes it so much easier to shortcut all of the long notes and just go straight to studying. Its more about repetition of it anyway...

I've done my A levels and did well, this is correct. I agree with this. It's not about extensive notes, it's about understanding and having concise notes you can refer back to. Best to make your own concise notes then fully read it from a textbook. Also, blurting is a very good technique to use. If you want any help or tips pm me. I did Chem,Maths, Business and I'm finishing AS Further Maths this year. Goodluck
Reply 3
Original post by Muhammad Razak
I've done my A levels and did well, this is correct. I agree with this. It's not about extensive notes, it's about understanding and having concise notes you can refer back to. Best to make your own concise notes then fully read it from a textbook. Also, blurting is a very good technique to use. If you want any help or tips pm me. I did Chem,Maths, Business and I'm finishing AS Further Maths this year. Goodluck

would you say mind maps count as condensed notes?
Original post by satsun

Yep definitely. If that helps you then you have to use it. Everyone is different
Original post by satsun

what are your subjects? i had specific techniques for each one i did
mind maps can be super useful if you can link ideas together. After all there is a lot of synoptic assessment

Quick Reply

Latest