The Student Room Group

marine biology

deleted question
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by JazTheSprout
Hey,
so I have an interest in marine biology. I like the sound of it and it's just my kinda thing. However, it has been brought to my attention that it's going to be hard to get a good job once I graduate unless I become the next David Attenborough or similar.
I also like the sound of paramedical science so I have a backup, which obviously has a more solid career route but yes, I'm just a bit lost.
I want to follow my passion but I don't want to finish the course and then work in my local corner shop for the rest of my life.
(I'm only in the first year of A-levels so I have time to think about it but the school are pushing us to starts writing personal statements)
So, I guess my question is: Is it hard to find a stable job/career after finishing Marine Biology? and is it worth the stress?

I've applied to do marine biology in september and I had the same worries about future careers etc. It's a good idea to have a look around for future jobs and stuff but I decided that I'd rather study something I enjoy than just do it for a future job. You never know, the job you will have in the future might not be invented yet! I'd recommend looking on university websites to see what graduates are doing after their course, that definitely helped me decide to pick marine biology. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending