The Student Room Group

Schools could possibly close for 2months cos of corona?

Read this article on the Faily Mail saying that schools could close for 8 weeks in the UK because of the corona virus. What do you guys think about this? and if so what will happen to our a level exams?
Reply 1
Daily mail*
I believe that this is just scaremongering by the media to get clicks
Hi! I was concerned about this too, but I read a follow-up article earlier and it pretty much said that schools would only close across the UK if there was a global epidemic, but even if that does eventually occur, a spokesman said that closing institutes would be an unlikely measure because it probably won’t contain it. They’re trying to contain it before people return to the UK, so don’t worry!
it's the daily mail, of course it's a exaggerated

also I love how it autocorrected to faily :rofl3:
Original post by mpaprika
it's the daily mail, of course it's a exaggerated

also I love how it autocorrected to faily :rofl3:

What about BBC news? Is that reliable?
Original post by Anonymousamie
What about BBC news? Is that reliable?

I haven't seen it on BBC news but my point was that daily mail often makes clickbait titles to generate more money and should be taken with a grain of salt
Reply 7
I haven't seen it on BBC news but my point was that daily mail often makes clickbait titles to generate more money and should be taken with a grain of salt

a few primary schools have already shut down

Noo sorry if I sounded sarcastic or anything, I was genuinely wondering because I don’t know which websites to trust. Yeah I completely understand.
Original post by Anonymousamie
Noo sorry if I sounded sarcastic or anything, I was genuinely wondering because I don’t know which websites to trust. Yeah I completely understand.

it's fine haha, I'd say BBC Is probably more reliable
I think schools could close within 2 weeks because of how fast coronavirus is spreading
Reply 11
Yes. If it starts getting quite bad schools will be shut, not sure if across the whole country, but certainly in areas which become severely affected. There’s even talk of quarantining cities if it gets that bad. Closing schools won’t be enough on it’s own, public transport would also have to be stopped as with mass public gatherings.

The scariest thing about this virus to younger healthy people like myself is the disruption it will cause to society (and of course it does have the potential to be deadly to some people in this group, but unlikely). 20% of cases are serious or critical remember, we don’t have enough hospital space to treat that many people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending