The Student Room Group

Scared I’m not going to get the grades.

Im in year 13, my first exam is about 11 weeks away, and I’ve just gotten a conditional offer for the course of my dreams. Only problem is I need AAB. My mock grades were ACC. I feel so lost, I have no idea what to do. I’m trying so hard to turn this around but it just feels so hopeless.
Can anyone offer me some advice on how I can do this?
Hey I moved your thread to a more relevant forum :smile: It would be helpful for those who see this if you state your a level subjects and what topics you're struggling with so you can help you better :biggrin: Good luck
Original post by Icykitten
Im in year 13, my first exam is about 11 weeks away, and I’ve just gotten a conditional offer for the course of my dreams. Only problem is I need AAB. My mock grades were ACC. I feel so lost, I have no idea what to do. I’m trying so hard to turn this around but it just feels so hopeless.
Can anyone offer me some advice on how I can do this?

Maybe dont overcomplicate and overthink.
Worrying doesnt score marks.
People normally improve from mocks to real exams.
I could give you a pep talk, but really just get organised, use your time well and study effectively to maximise your mark scoring effectiveness with an effective revision plan, do the exam and leave without regrets. All you can do.

Learn material
Practice exams
mark and id points where you missed marks and can strengthen.
retry.

It is simple and straightforward. A decent revision plan means keep to target and you will use your time well.
Don't do that. Don't lose this battle before it even started. A positive attitude means a lot too!

Love the advice above.
I am a resit and ACC were my first sitting grades I'm trying again to get 3 A's I only need to resit two, but that's besides the point, you have 3 months you still have time to change things around! the C's you've got, are they high C's? if so focus on those try get those to a B from there go and focus towards the higher grades. In terms of how to do that... Literally, try and see if you can get the mock papers back go through the papers, and see what questions you got wrong and what topics were they from, focus on the topics you found most difficult in the mocks, first and try and do as many questions on them as possible, until you start to get most of the answers right, once you feel confident start moving through the rest of the topics. Do past papers, and write down anything you're getting wrong and their answers after each paper, and keep on learning the ones you've got wrong, if the majority of incorrect answers come from a topic, go over them again. Do as many papers as you can, you have three months so plenty of time to now start.

All it could be is just practice and exam technique... if you personally think knowledge was an issue, then obviously start revising the topics that didn't sit well with you first then practice questions on those. Time yourself too you might need to get into the habit of doing exam questions. I know time was a huge issue for me as it caused me to panic

And ofc don't focus on the grades you're getting now, they don't mean anything of such don't dwell too much on them, it's gonna demotivate you. Focus on what you need to achieve, most importantly how much you need to learn content wise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending