The Student Room Group

Missed trial shift

Hey all so I was meant to have a trial shift for a job at subway today at 9.15 but I didn't go to it cos I was too scared. But now I feel bad and wanna reshedule it cos it was my only chance. I'v tried to call them but there not answering and they;v not called me asking me where I am so have I missed my chance now?? I would say that m ill.
(edited 8 months ago)
You have. You showed you couldn't be trusted to show up even to your first shift because... you were "too scared"? I mean this as nicely as possible - grow up. No one will forgive you for not doing your job only because you felt scared. So grow up and show up to your next job, when you're told, on time.
Original post by cherlloydfan1
Hey all so I was meant to have a trial shift for a job at subway today at 9.15 but I didn't go to it cos I was too scared. But now I feel bad and wanna reshedule it cos it was my only chance. I'v tried to call them but there not answering and they;v not called me asking me where I am so have I missed my chance now?? I would say that m ill.

A no-show for a trial shift would, I think, in most cases be considered a failed candidate in the recruitment process.

As noted one of the biggest things employers are looking for are employees that will turn up to work on time consistently. Failing to do so for the trial shift immediately proves that you are unable to do that and so they are unlikely to want to employ you.

If you had a genuine reason for being unable to attend - e.g. having to go to hospital, a bereavement, unplanned sickness with a doctor's note, religious holiday, etc, then you may be able to have some claim to requesting a new trial shift.

The reason you have given isn't likely to be accepted. If the prospect of going to work is such a major source of anxiety that you do not go to work and potentially lose your job (or a job opportunity) this is something you should discuss with your GP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending