The Student Room Group

What can I do with BTEC business and A- level Psychology

I'm planning on going to uni but I'm not sure what courses are available to me?
Original post by Sabu381

Since neither of these are strictly required subjects, you're more or less going for subjects that asks for BTECs or A Levels in any subjects. These can include:

Anything in business expect for financial mathematics and actuarial science (for obvious reasons)

Law

Anthropology

Archaeology

Sociology and criminology

Most psychology degrees

Some degrees in creative writing and English literature

Nonquantiative economics degrees

Education

Theology

Politics

Philosophy

Linguistics

Agriculture

Some art and design degrees, including architecture

Some geography degrees (usually ones with emphasis on human geography)

Some history degrees

Film

Game design

Hospitality

Property and urban planning

Journalism

Media studies

Nursing

Paramedic science

Social work

I don't know what your career aspirations are, so it's a little difficult to point out subjects that you could look into. If you can be a lot more specific about this, then I would be able to help direct you more.

Do note, there is no obligation to go to uni should you don't want or need to. Only go to uni if you really want to. Uni is not an extension of school; you usually go to uni for specific purposes. If you go to uni and done a degree in a specific subject, it can be difficult to then do a degree in a completely different subject without doing a second bachelor's.
If your second bachelor's needs to be in something like maths, life sciences, physics/engineering where you would need specific subjects at A Level, then you would need to do those A Levels independently. You also won't likely be able to get funding for your second undergrad unless it's a degree associated with an allied health profession.
Original post by Sabu381

Do you know the exact title of your BTEC? Unis require three A levels or equivalent level 3 qualifications so your BTEC needs to be a National Diploma or National Extended Diploma.

Pearson BTEC Level 3
National Certificate (graded P, M, D, D*) = 0.5 x A level
National Extended Certificate (graded P, M, D, D*) = 1.0 x A level
National Foundation Diploma (graded P, M, D, D*) = 1.5 x A levels
National Diploma (graded from PP to D*D*) = 2.0 x A levels
National Extended Diploma (graded from PPP to D*D*D*) = 3.0 x A levels

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending