The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Imperial QFFF vs Oxford MSc in Mathematical and Theoretical Physics

Hi, I have applied for both the Imperial Quantum Fields and Fundamental Forces MSc and the Oxford MSc in Mathematical and Theoretical Physics (I've been accepted at Imperial so far). I'm currently struggling to choose between the two (should I have to), my main interests lie in fundamental theoretical physics (like QFT and cosmology) and I am pursuing research. Is there any sense in which one course is of a greater quality/reputation or better suited for my interests? Thanks.
Hey, sorry this doesn't answer your question, but when did you hear back from Imperial? I've been waiting like a month now.

Btw, both are strong in QFT and cosmology, however it seems that there's slightly less emphasis on Cosmology in the Imperial QFFF, probably reflecting the fact that there are vastly more QFT-ists, string theorists, and so on. I didn't apply to Oxford so I haven't looked there really.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by MitchellWoolley
Hey, sorry this doesn't answer your question, but when did you hear back from Imperial? I've been waiting like a month now.

Btw, both are strong in QFT and cosmology, however it seems that there's slightly less emphasis on Cosmology in the Imperial QFFF, probably reflecting the fact that there are vastly more QFT-ists, string theorists, and so on. I didn't apply to Oxford so I haven't looked there really.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I received the offer on the 17th of this month,I think they say that their aim is to reply within 6 weeks of the application submission, though I'm not sure whether this coronavirus situation might change future reply times. Good luck!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending