The Student Room Group

Political Ecconomy BSc or Economics, Finance and Management BSc

I've gotten an offer from Kings for Political Economy BSc and an offer from QMUL for Economics, Finance and Management BSc.
I'm super confused and I don't know which one i should pick. I am aware that Kings has better ratings and is considered the better university but I love the course economics, finance and management. Which one is better in terms of job prospects??
Original post by sann2002
I've gotten an offer from Kings for Political Economy BSc and an offer from QMUL for Economics, Finance and Management BSc.
I'm super confused and I don't know which one i should pick. I am aware that Kings has better ratings and is considered the better university but I love the course economics, finance and management. Which one is better in terms of job prospects??

Hi,

Both King's and QMUL are good universities. I always advise students to choose the course first and the university second, and it seems you have a strong preference for the course at QMUL. Remember, university it not like college - you will have to be motivated to get up each day and study the course you have chosen: dragging yourself to the library, extended reading etc. if you want to get a top grade. You are infinitely more like to do this if you enjoy the subject you are studying (and these courses are very different to one another). A first class degree from QMUL will trump a 2.1 or 2.2 at King's every time.

Best,

Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending