The Student Room Group

Getting depressed and demotivated during self-isolation

I have found myself feeling a lot more down than usual, nothing seems to bring me much joy either. I am on medication so it doesn't make sense why I feel like this. I am eating a healthy diet and I exercise on my spinning bike so I don't know what else to do.

I feel like I am in a dark hole and there is no way out.
Perhaps you could use this time to learn something new, seeing your progress may give you motivation and make you feel better. Such as a new language or a musical instrument.

I have personally been trying a bit of mediation after years of thinking its bs and its actually quite good. Might aswell use this time to develop new skills or become a better person. : )
Feel the exact same.
Original post by Anonymous
I have found myself feeling a lot more down than usual, nothing seems to bring me much joy either. I am on medication so it doesn't make sense why I feel like this. I am eating a healthy diet and I exercise on my spinning bike so I don't know what else to do.

I feel like I am in a dark hole and there is no way out.

Eat something you like. Otherwise DM me about this situation.
Hey I'm here to talk if anyone needs me, pm me and I'll send you my Instagram handle! Please please please don't suffer in silence x
Reply 5
Original post by BeautifulQueen
Eat something you like. Otherwise DM me about this situation.

The issue is there isn't really anything at home that I like, I have food but it is not treats but essentials and I would rather not leave the house.
The issue is there isn't really anything at home that I like, I have food but it is not treats but essentials and I would rather not leave the house.

I understand.
Reply 7
I understand.

Thank you for the suggestion though :smile:
Reply 8
Perhaps you could use this time to learn something new, seeing your progress may give you motivation and make you feel better. Such as a new language or a musical instrument.

I have personally been trying a bit of mediation after years of thinking its bs and its actually quite good. Might aswell use this time to develop new skills or become a better person. : )

I am trying to learn some Chinese, it isn't going that well so far.
I think we are all feeling the same to be honest
Thank you for the suggestion though :smile:

You're welcome anytime!
There are other cures like watching movies and reading books! If you need help, then you are more than welcome to DM me! :smile:
You're welcome anytime!
There are other cures like watching movies and reading books! If you need help, then you are more than welcome to DM me! :smile:

What movies would you recommend watching?

Quick Reply

Latest