The Student Room Group

COVID and accounting graduate jobs

Hi,

So basically my work experience practice closed down giving me only 5 months of assistant accountant experience. Now, my MSC Accounting finishes in Sept and with this virus looming, are my chances of securing graduate job in accounting diminishing?

Accountants are very linked to their clients so i am wondering if i will be jobless and what can i do to best prepare for it.
Loving the username.
Reply 2
Original post by immigrated4urjob
Hi,

So basically my work experience practice closed down giving me only 5 months of assistant accountant experience. Now, my MSC Accounting finishes in Sept and with this virus looming, are my chances of securing graduate job in accounting diminishing?

Accountants are very linked to their clients so i am wondering if i will be jobless and what can i do to best prepare for it.

Have you been applying for jobs? If so in industry and / or in practice? Most grad schemes for September will already have recruited or be in the middle of their application processes. Have you looked into entry routes into accountancy work outside of grad schemes?
Reply 3
i still got a job but it has been delayed until september or maybe later for the start date, but most will have closed recruiting now and won't open til later in the year
My msc finishes in September.
Original post by 999tigger
Loving the username.

Second this !
Apply for everything that comes in your way. It will be a little difficult to land a job of your liking given the situation with the COVID, but not impossible! I think things will get back to normal at a very fast pace when the virus situation subsides. All the best with your career!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending