Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Aviation Management

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hey there,

I'm happy to hear you're interested in taking Math.

For Aviation Management, it wouldn't really matter which topic you choose as there isn't a set yes or no answer to your question. Both have their uses and applicability. For instance, Statistics allow you to determine the effectiveness of your job when you look at the growth rate, traffic systems, tracks in accidents, incidents, or other events that occur and Mechanics wills at the mechanical aspects; the functions, tools, and designs, etc. However, if you feel you're better at one than the other then opt for that. Don't focus too much on what is required as you may lose your enthusiasm for studying that area.

I hope this helps! Have a lovely day :smile:

Veronica
BSc Dietetics

Hello!
I was wondering why the course is " Bsc " when the greater concentration is towards the management aspect of aviation
Thanks
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Hello
I was wondering why the course is a " Bsc " when the greater concentration is towards the management aspect of aviation?
Hey there,

For Aviation Management, it wouldn't really matter which topic you choose as there isn't a set yes or no answer to your question. Both have their uses and applicability. For instance, Statistics allow you to determine the effectiveness of your job when you look at the growth rate, traffic systems, tracks in accidents, incidents, or other events that occur and Mechanics wills at the mechanical aspects; the functions, tools, and designs, etc. However, if you feel you're better at one than the other then opt for that. Don't focus too much on what is required as you may lose your enthusiasm for studying that area.

Veronica
BSc Dietetics

How technical is the course.
Is there more focus towards the business side or the science parts
Original post by Anonymous
Hello!
I was wondering why the course is " Bsc " when the greater concentration is towards the management aspect of aviation
Thanks

Hey,

Thank you for your message.

The course is 'BSc' as it's tailored towards undergraduates who are specifically interested in the management aspect of aviation.
It's not uncommon to come across courses that are niche with their own focus in a certain area as it means there are students who are interested in that particular field and know what they want to do.

I hope this helps.

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
How technical is the course.
Is there more focus towards the business side or the science parts

Hey,

Technicality-wise, I'm unsure as I do not have experience or know course content to be able to inform you. However if you like I can find out for you?
From the Coventry University website, the course appears to be a combination of business and science, where the science aspect is the research. Aspects of research will be conducted from year 1 to 3. Business-wise, you will learn to understand the business and commercial side of things as well as opportunities open to you if you're interested. For instance, in 'year 1 students are invited to work together to create a commercially viable proposal to facilitate the development of aviation infrastructure. In Year 2, simulation software is used to encourage students to secure commercial competitive advantage by developing a creative approach to route development.'

I hope this gives you some insight!

Veronica
Hey there,

Veronica
BSc Dietetics

hello, how much technicality vs business is there in the course
Hey,

Technicality-wise, I'm unsure as I do not have experience or know course content to be able to inform you. However if you like I can find out for you?
From the Coventry University website, the course appears to be a combination of business and science, where the science aspect is the research. Aspects of research will be conducted from year 1 to 3. Business-wise, you will learn to understand the business and commercial side of things as well as opportunities open to you if you're interested. For instance, in 'year 1 students are invited to work together to create a commercially viable proposal to facilitate the development of aviation infrastructure. In Year 2, simulation software is used to encourage students to secure commercial competitive advantage by developing a creative approach to route development.'

I hope this gives you some insight!

Veronica

thanks, however if you can, please do try to get info on the graduates.
i have 0 background in science however would love to pursue this, would i experience diffuculties?
thanks, however if you can, please do try to get info on the graduates.
i have 0 background in science however would love to pursue this, would i experience diffuculties?

Hi

You don't need a science background to study the course as long as you meet the required tariff points on UCAS. In terms of the course difficulty, I am unable to answer this for you. For the best possible way to answer the questions you have, it's best to get in contact with a lecturer at the university to discuss with them what you want to find out or to attend an open day.

Veronica
hello, how much technicality vs business is there in the course

Hi,

I was unable to gather information regarding the technicality vs. the business of the course. However, I was able to attain the course specification from the Coventry University website which may offer some insight for you.

Veronica

Quick Reply

Latest