The Student Room Group

University Rejections - PS

I am doing a Level 3 BTEC in Aviation Operations and I'm looking to apply to Universities for Business Management but I'm scared I'll be rejected as Aviation is nowhere close to Business Management. What should I do?
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by nath22
I am doing a Level 3 BTEC in Aviation Operations and I'm looking to apply to Universities for Business Management but I'm scared I'll be rejected as Aviation is nowhere close to Business Management. What should I do?

You should check the entry requirements for Business Management at various universities and see what they're looking for in terms of a BTEC.

For example, University of Birmingham say here that "Only the following subjects can be considered: Applied Science, Business, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship." So they're out. University of Sheffield say here that they want "DDD in a relevant subject", so that's out too.

However:
Queen Mary University of London say here that for Business Management "All BTEC subjects are considered." They then go on to say that "Please contact the Business and Management Admissions team for details of specific unit requirements."
University of Brighton say here that they want "BTEC Extended Diploma DMM–MMM." They don't mention anything about a specific subject being required.
Lancaster University say here that they want "BTEC Distinction, Distinction, Merit", again without mentioning anything about a specific subject being required.

So you just need to trawl through some university web sites and find those who don't mandate that the BTEC be in a particular subject. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You should check the entry requirements for Business Management at various universities and see what they're looking for in terms of a BTEC.

For example, University of Birmingham say here that "Only the following subjects can be considered: Applied Science, Business, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship." So they're out. University of Sheffield say here that they want "DDD in a relevant subject", so that's out too.

However:
Queen Mary University of London say here that for Business Management "All BTEC subjects are considered." They then go on to say that "Please contact the Business and Management Admissions team for details of specific unit requirements."
University of Brighton say here that they want "BTEC Extended Diploma DMM–MMM." They don't mention anything about a specific subject being required.
Lancaster University say here that they want "BTEC Distinction, Distinction, Merit", again without mentioning anything about a specific subject being required.

So you just need to trawl through some university web sites and find those who don't mandate that the BTEC be in a particular subject. Good luck!

Sweet Thank you very much, I contacted City, University of London and they said they accept the qualification, waiting on Exeter and I'll surely check into these ones you listed. Wasn't looking to go into Aviation for Uni felt I was much better at Business, do you know how I can get my PS reviewed because my college isn't helping
Original post by nath22
Sweet Thank you very much, I contacted City, University of London and they said they accept the qualification, waiting on Exeter and I'll surely check into these ones you listed. Wasn't looking to go into Aviation for Uni felt I was much better at Business, do you know how I can get my PS reviewed because my college isn't helping

Understood.

You can find out all about TSR's personal statement review service here. (Note that there's a 10-day turnaround.)
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
Understood.

You can find out all about TSR's personal statement review service here. (Note that there's a 10-day turnaround.)

Thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending