The Student Room Group

Abortion

Hi, so I’m over about 14 weeks pregnant and I need to get an abortion however due to my background my parents can’t find out about this in any sort of way. I need an excuse to get out of the house at the end of this may (that’s when my appointment is) it could be 6/7 hours ish but that’s not certain it just depends.
I’m 18 years old in year thirteen and the only excuse I had to think of so far was I need to go to another city to check out accommodation bc mine was rejected (it doesn’t need to be a air tight excuse bc my parents sort of believe whatever I say)
Someone please help a girl out bc I’m stressing😩
I’m from an asian background so getting out of my house even without a lockdown is slightly difficult

Scroll to see replies

a trip to a local beach? A day spent at your friends house because you haven’t seen them in so long? A university applicant day?
If it’s what you want and you’re 100% then you will get through this, don’t worry about others telling you how badly it’s going to affect you, you know what is right for you.

I think you’re going to have to say you’re staying at a friends or something along those lines because it’s the only way to cover such a large period of time.
Is there another family member that you can talk to?

Take a friend with you if you can.
Original post by Anonymous
a trip to a local beach? A day spent at your friends house because you haven’t seen them in so long? A university applicant day?

I was thinking a university applicant day but does that sound believable? It needs to sound like something important and compulsory bc both my parents are slightly high at risk and so they wouldn’t allow me to just go out unless I really needed to
All my friends and my boyfriend know about it and I’m grateful for the amount of support they give me but anyway I’m Muslim and even dating a boy is against my religion so telling my parents I’m pregnant really isn’t an option
If it’s what you want and you’re 100% then you will get through this, don’t worry about others telling you how badly it’s going to affect you, you know what is right for you.

I think you’re going to have to say you’re staying at a friends or something along those lines because it’s the only way to cover such a large period of time.
Is there another family member that you can talk to?

Take a friend with you if you can.

My boyfriend is going to make sure he can come with me and his parents are just as strict as mine so we both basically need a solid excuse. I’m just worried I won’t be able to find an excuse on time and it’ll be too late to have it done
Original post by Anonymous1037482
I was thinking a university applicant day but does that sound believable? It needs to sound like something important and compulsory bc both my parents are slightly high at risk and so they wouldn’t allow me to just go out unless I really needed to

yeah definitely! but it’s whether they would question whether universities would put applicant days on at a time like this !
yeah definitely! but it’s whether they would question whether universities would put applicant days on at a time like this !

Maybe If like in my original post I said it has something to do with accommodation? I feel like that’s something more believable
Maybe If like in my original post I said it has something to do with accommodation? I feel like that’s something more believable

say you have an offer holders day and need to get your accommodation checked

please be more careful in the future, youre lucky youre abortion appointment hasnt been cancelled for your parents would see your bump
Can I ask why you are aborting the baby? Maybe it was meant to happen..I understand your situation but I just want to understand why you didn’t use protection or take the pill after sex?
My boyfriend is going to make sure he can come with me and his parents are just as strict as mine so we both basically need a solid excuse. I’m just worried I won’t be able to find an excuse on time and it’ll be too late to have it done

why not get married to him and keep the child?
may i ask how old your boyfriend is?
Reply 12
Are u really sure u want to abort? I think you need to try and speak to your parents cause they will be able to advice you the best way to go with pregnancy. Just to avoid any possible regrets in the future. Or even in case of complication with the abortion they might be able to help.
say you have an offer holders day and need to get your accommodation checked

please be more careful in the future, youre lucky youre abortion appointment hasnt been cancelled for your parents would see your bump

Yeah I was thinking on saying that and tbh for the amount of weeks I am I’m barely even showing
Can I ask why you are aborting the baby? Maybe it was meant to happen..I understand your situation but I just want to understand why you didn’t use protection or take the pill after sex?

I’m already on the pill, I’m not even sure how this happened if I’m honest I must’ve forgotten to take the pills or something and it messed up. I was lucky I came off them a few weeks after to have my period and I realised when I wasn’t getting one something was wrong.
Original post by trapking
why not get married to him and keep the child?

Funnily enough I said that but it’s not really practical keeping the child even if we were married right now. He’s going into his second year of engineering in Manchester and i plan to start medicine in London soon too so we’re both focused on education atm
may i ask how old your boyfriend is?

He’s 19 and just finished his first year at uni
He’s 19 and just finished his first year at uni

how does he feel about the situation? since you're muslim, is he religious? the implications on mental health for both of you might be negative, both young and not telling parents. i think if the decision was guided by your parents then you both have some support. As someone who is also muslim girl, i would be terrified to tell my parents that, but sis, i honestly think you should tell your mum. just looking out for you, as 18 is quite young to be going through such a scenario without the support of your mum.
Funnily enough I said that but it’s not really practical keeping the child even if we were married right now. He’s going into his second year of engineering in Manchester and i plan to start medicine in London soon too so we’re both focused on education atm

you will suffer a lot ofguilt doing this. Don't do it.
Original post by trapking
you will suffer a lot ofguilt doing this. Don't do it.

she didn't ask for advice on wether to abort or not, sounds like she's made up her mind so trying to guilt her out of it isn't gonna help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending