The Student Room Group

next step with him

My boyfriend and I have been together for quite sometime now, we've have more downs than up, our only form of communicating is via text.when I was pregnant and he kind of forced me to end my pregnancy through abortion. It still gets to me till this day. Whenever I want to talk to him about it he closes off and get really angry stating that this will break us apart mind you he had a one night stand with a stranger before we were together and he really supported the lady she ended up having an abortion but after the abortion he would speak to her and would be an open ear for her when she wanted to speak to him about the abortion. But for me it feels like he never truly cared about my feelings. it's either in his own terms or nothing. I know in my heart I deserve a lot more than this relationship, I deserve someone who is going to be there for me not message me when they feel like it. My boyfriend has mentioned that he's autistic but I feel like thats not an excuse for his actions and how he treats me. I have to ask him if it's okay if I can call him and he either ignores my message a replies with a hi in 3 days like nothing has happened. I'm just thinking is it time I leave him, will he ever change or is he truly invested. We hardly message and also he said he doesn't know whether he wants kids or marriage.
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend and I have been together for quite sometime now, we've have more downs than up, our only form of communicating is via text.when I was pregnant and he kind of forced me to end my pregnancy through abortion. It still gets to me till this day. Whenever I want to talk to him about it he closes off and get really angry stating that this will break us apart mind you he had a one night stand with a stranger before we were together and he really supported the lady she ended up having an abortion but after the abortion he would speak to her and would be an open ear for her when she wanted to speak to him about the abortion. But for me it feels like he never truly cared about my feelings. it's either in his own terms or nothing. I know in my heart I deserve a lot more than this relationship, I deserve someone who is going to be there for me not message me when they feel like it. My boyfriend has mentioned that he's autistic but I feel like thats not an excuse for his actions and how he treats me. I have to ask him if it's okay if I can call him and he either ignores my message a replies with a hi in 3 days like nothing has happened. I'm just thinking is it time I leave him, will he ever change or is he truly invested. We hardly message and also he said he doesn't know whether he wants kids or marriage.

Dump him
Time to end things.
Reply 3
If you've gotten to the point of having to ask this question here, you already know the answer. You just need someone to validate your feelings and we will. Dump him. Dump him immediately.

I can't even begin to describe how awful it is to force someone to have an abortion. I'm all for choice, and that includes respecting a person's choice to keep a child. An abortion is a very difficult decision for anyone even those who want it much less someone who didn't. It isn't something he should have forced on you. I'm so sorry you went through that and I'm wishing you the best. From his refusal to discuss the issue and how he responds to your messages like you're an afterthought, he has shown over and over again that he doesn't care about your feelings. Being autistic does not excuse poor behaviour. So many autistic people are much better partners. You deserve better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending